• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone keep a Ephebopus murinus?

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi guys/girls. Just wanted to know if there any keepers of the Ephebopus murinus?

Thanks for stopping by
Sym

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Martin .
I would like 1 but being a beginner and reading mixed reports on the Internet has put me off slightly. I do like the way they look with nice markings on there legs. Is there any tarantula u don't have?

Thanks for stopping by
Sym

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Martin .
I would like 1 but being a beginner and reading mixed reports on the Internet has put me off slightly. I do like the way they look with nice markings on there legs. Is there any tarantula u don't have?

Thanks for stopping by
Sym
Hello
There are many I don't have haha,but do I want them ? Hell yes !!! May I ask what has put you off from this specimen or has caused mixed emotions ?

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The Internet is an excellent resource for a beginner in any hobby. I've Been reading some care sheets about this tarantula with mixed reports saying it can have attitude and mixed temperament. So far I've chosen the B.emilia. Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens.and tomorrow I will have a new grammostola pulchra sling.
I've gone for the tarantulas which are what I've seen on the Internet to be docile.but I do read the GGB can be skittish..

Last edited:

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The Internet is an excellent resource for a beginner in any hobby. I've Been reading some care sheets about this tarantula with mixed reports saying it can have attitude and mixed temperament. So far I've chosen the B.emilia. Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens.and tomorrow I will have a new grammostola pulchra sling.
I've gone for the tarantulas which are what I've seen on the Internet to be docile.but I do read the GGB can be skittish..
Okay my opinion,and I stress it as mine most reports are guidelines and not always a fact. Looking at docile,Brachypelma but tend to flick easily Avicularia probably one of the most docile I've ever had. The worst I've experienced is the notorious poop cannon,and with one exception to the genus My evil Avicularia Laeta.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No poop cannon for me thank you lol. So if u were to have a choice of a new tarantula tomorrow what would you go for ?.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No poop cannon for me thank you lol. So if u were to have a choice of a new tarantula tomorrow what would you go for ?.
Another Avicularia,and I'm into old world arboreal types. I have also gotten to love the tiger tarantulas,but that has it risks as well. I think for beauty and safety,and also docile I'd say first choice always a new Avicularia.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Still tempted by this T..
Could be 1 to get from a reptile show in May ..

Sym

Poec54

3 Year Member

I have several adult females and some slings. They're fast and feisty, not beginner species, and they tend to stay in their burrows, out of sight.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi poec54..
Maybe not the best T then for me.. Don't really want anything quick or aggressive .. I like the markings on its legs. Might look into something else then. Thanks for the info !! Maybe in a few years I will get 1 ..

Sym

Poec54

3 Year Member
Maybe not the best T then for me.. Don't really want anything quick or aggressive .. I like the markings on its legs. Might look into something else then. Thanks for the info !! Maybe in a few years I will 1

If you pick species by color and markings, you can easily get in over your head. People do this, the spider grows, and they become afraid of it. Doesn't do anyone any good to get species beyond their skill/experience level. Greatly increases the odds of escapes and bites. There's no rush, take your time and enjoy the hobby.

There are so many beautiful beginner species today. Get a feel for working with them first, then work your way up in stages. You don't need a jack-in-the-box spider racing out of it's cage, especially if you live with other people or cats and dogs.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Great advice poec54...! I have a G.Pulchripes sling that's close enough for markings :) when it grows more ..
I'm also going to stick with ground dweller T's for now..

Cheers for the info
Sym

Latest posts