• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone interested in a tarrantula keeper social media app?

Would you use it?

• YES!

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • NO!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Miss310

3 Year Member
Hello everyone I'm currently looking for ideas for a school project. Would anyone be interested in a small social network catering to tarantula keepers? What features would you like to see?

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
You can buy sell and trade on Instagram (that's where I have been buying recently), while a social media app would be something, that would make forums like this one obsolete. I am a member of one forum that is declining because of Facebook. @TheVez2 knows which one I'm talking about.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
would it be accessible "on the web"? :D:D:D
Will there be a "Mature Male" section? LOL

Sorry, the above is not very helpful but the features described so far is what makes this forum Good already so it's probably a NO from me..... But I am an old fart so what do I know!

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Regular members of this forum all know and love it as it is...I don't think an app would appeal to me....on here we can do everything we want to-including finding Mature Males(sorry @Phil :D) to finding all the advice we need as its a friendly atmosphere so I cant see what an app can do to improve on this:)

Miss310

3 Year Member
@MassExodus @ilovebrachys @Avicularia Kael @PanzoN88 @Arachnoclown Thanks for all the feedback. I agree that forums (especially this one) are really good resources. I'm currently in coding bootcamp learning to build full stack applications. This was just an idea for my final project. It's not necessarily going to be released out in the wild. Just wanted to build a something for my final project that reflects what i've learned and incorporate my fascination with tarantulas.

varfunc

Hey, hope I'm not too late to the party. Definitely. The online forums are great but something tailored to mobile would be perfect for when I'm not at a computer. As a keeper and a developer this sounds really promising and I hope you end up creating something fun!

Feature-wise I'd definitely want to see some sort of gallery and maybe a searchable reference section.