• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anybody ever adapted a Fererro Rocher box into an enclosure?

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
A few rows of holes on either side for my Costa Rican sling and it's a cheap enclosure till she outgrows it, then one of my other slings can move up into it and so on and so forth...
581e2893f66c8ed99bc6a7cd81e8c293.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
A great idea. It's very similar to the containers I buy which are known as Cadbury boxes in the UK.
Thank you [emoji16], got the brainwave when darkden adapted one into an arboreal sling enclosure on the tube, though terrestrial is far easier.
Cadbury one? [emoji848], what are they?, I've only ever really seen a suitable one by Fererro?!.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
Oooooh yeah I know now. They sell them in the shop I buy my Ts from for £3.99 and £4.99. I have the larger one ready for when my centipede grows big enough for it [emoji1303]

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
Yeah, petko is... Let’s just say I’ve avoided him since his jealousy streak lol
Oh :/, I shan't delve into it on a public forum but it's a shame. I've only ever watched the videos of common T tubers, all my pets are too boring and eventless to warrant vids of them. So personally I don't know the people behind the vids I watch so can't really judge anybody.

xTN-ANTMANx

3 Year Member
Look up The Dark Den on YouTube...he has a great DIY video on these exact containers for arboreals and of course you can use it as a terrestrial enclosure as well. I have 4 of these made both ways. I'll link the video real fast to make it easier...they are awesome for my C. versicolor sling. My A. gen also was in one for a bit. Cheap and if done correctly, they are amazing enclosures for slings. If you have the tools to modify these, I highly recommend them for sure...

Video tho is here...

Also, if you are creative, a pack of clear CD cases (you need 6) can make great enclosures as well. I have also made these as well. They have many vids on YouTube of these but here is one from the same guy...

Hope these videos help...