• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

U.K. Any Tarantula supplier in the UK?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Also The Spider Shop, So Many Legs, BugzUK.

CFTN, you may want to reassess. I have ordered from him & had no problems. But a short while ago he was exposed when he verbally supported smuggling wild caught T's. Many dealers sell legally imported, wild caught T's. The Spider Shop for example, often offers wild caught imports complete with Cities paperwork. But smuggling is very different from legally importing.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Also The Spider Shop, So Many Legs, BugzUK.

CFTN, you may want to reassess. I have ordered from him & had no problems. But a short while ago he was exposed when he verbally supported smuggling wild caught T's. Many dealers sell legally imported, wild caught T's. The Spider Shop for example, often offers wild caught imports complete with Cities paperwork. But smuggling is very different from legally importing.
Your reply should have ended with “I have ordered from him and had no problems”

Radek is possibly the most prolific breeder in the UK. He receives nothing but bad press all the time and people dragging him down, yet his business is still very successful. I think that speaks for itself.
Btw legally imported doesn’t mean legally obtained.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I understand that. You’ll find a lot on the Facebook pages that people always say that. “I’ve never had a problem but I’ve heard…….” There are people that have had bad experiences with spidershop , so many legs and bugsUK ( we’ve had bad experiences with Martin and refuse to use him ourselves ) but it’s very rarely mentioned. Another reason for it is you’ll find Krystof (tarantula room limited) is admin on a lot of pages on Facebook and anything positive about CFTN is deleted. There’s many reasons for this but I’m not going to go into detail about it

serendipity

Your reply should have ended with “I have ordered from him and had no problems”

Radek is possibly the most prolific breeder in the UK. He receives nothing but bad press all the time and people dragging him down, yet his business is still very successful. I think that speaks for itself.
Btw legally imported doesn’t mean legally obtained.
Just being a busybody but what do you mean by "He receives nothing but bad press all the time and people dragging him down.":oops:

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just being a busybody but what do you mean by "He receives nothing but bad press all the time and people dragging him down.":oops:

The way the facebook groups operate is very different to here & posts / posters, who support him are not welcome on most groups. Why I do not know, but as Rs50matt mentioned most of the FB tarantula groups are either run by, or moderated by, Krystof of the Tarantula Room.

Latest posts