• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any one else been suffering withdrawal symptoms?

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I know, the other forum I use is dead in the spider section and I can't be bothered to join the dark side (Arachnoboards) as they sound really *****y on there, lol.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I know, the other forum I use is dead in the spider section and I can't be bothered to join the dark side (Arachnoboards) as they sound really *****y on there, lol.

I ended up on the "dark side" for a couple of looks yesterday but it is very serious, good for info on rarer species at times though, but nowhere near as friendly as on here.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There are a lot of more experienced keepers on Arachnoboards. Calling them experts is rather unfair, as most of them wouldn't even claim to be so. It's definitely a forum that requires thicker skin. Not nearly as many noobs there as we have here. I like Arachnoboards as a forum for more "serious keepers", but sometimes it does get to be a bit much.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
There aren't so many noobs on there because they scare them off.

I had asked for info on A. sp panama on AB and was basically told to search myself which I'd already done and found nothing. I eventually got great advice from Amanda at Tarantula Canada and then got slated on AB for not sharing the info initially. I have since updated the thread with the progress of my little Ami.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There aren't so many noobs on there because they scare them off.

I had asked for info on A. sp panama on AB and was basically told to search myself which I'd already done and found nothing. I eventually got great advice from Amanda at Tarantula Canada and then got slated on AB for not sharing the info initially. I have since updated the thread with the progress of my little Ami.
I can understand why they tell people to use the search function. That way the front page isn't constantly getting clogged up with the same old topics over and over again. Personally I don't feel we should have to baby every noob, especially when so many of them ask questions that they could easily answer themselves by just doing research prior to acquiring the animal. Now your case may have been a bit exceptional Enn, since the species in question isn't as common as some others. However with the majority of species, a quick Google search or just going to the library and reading a book could easily answer most of these questions.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I can understand why they tell people to use the search function. That way the front page isn't constantly getting clogged up with the same old topics over and over again. Personally I don't feel we should have to baby every noob, especially when so many of them ask questions that they could easily answer themselves by just doing research prior to acquiring the animal. Now your case may have been a bit exceptional Enn, since the species in question isn't as common as some others. However with the majority of species, a quick Google search or just going to the library and reading a book could easily answer most of these questions.

I can understand it too and I always begin with google, then here, AB and the BTS sites.

Latest posts