• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

An update and a question

Innova

3 Year Member
Firstly, My b albo sling molted today. Very pleased, I would say she/he is 1 1/2 inches. Finally, what size do b albo
stop burrowing?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Mine all started spending more time on the surface around the size yours is.

Innova

3 Year Member
Thanks! I thought they have to get 2 1/2 inches to surface, Well he/she will soon be a ball of curly goodness;)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I rehoused my 3 at around 1.5" and only one ever dug in its new enclosure and only a hollow to bolt into when disturbed. I rehoused my little Nicaraguan curly a week ago and so far it hasn't burrowed at all although it's only just over 0.5".

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Both of mine started staying in view about that size also, seems like that's the common size for most Brachy's to stay out in the open more, also about the time they're adult colors start showing up bold.

I rehoused my 3 at around 1.5" and only one ever dug in its new enclosure and only a hollow to bolt into when disturbed. I rehoused my little Nicaraguan curly a week ago and so far it hasn't burrowed at all although it's only just over 0.5".
Is you substrate moist? i found with mine they wouldn't burrow if the substrate was dry, i had to moisten it and then i never saw them for months lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Both of mine started staying in view about that size also, seems like that's the common size for most Brachy's to stay out in the open more, also about the time they're adult colors start showing up bold.

Is you substrate moist? i found with mine they wouldn't burrow if the substrate was dry, i had to moisten it and then i never saw them for months lol

I always kept mine dry only trickling a drop of water on the side every few days when they were in the vials. Once I moved them into 3" cubes they just got a water dish and the Hondurans still burrowed. It was only after their moves to larger containers that they stopped digging. The Nicaraguan has just gone into a 3" cube but hasn't burrowed, in fact it has taken to climbing.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
all of mine were climbing this weekend ;) but then again we had a major storm system dumping 18 inches of snow on us :D

Latest posts