• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

An escapee this morning.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Checking in on the Ts this morning I spotted my P. sp. Tiger, Arica, wandering across the front one of my L. parahybana's containers, luckily safe inside a vivarium. Fortunately it was fairly easily trapped under a cricket tub and replaced in a new container. The little monkey had chewed through the air vent to escape. I think I'll have to get it a new acrylic container soon.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
lol...holy crap my ol lady would have a heart attack. she wont even stay in the room when i open an enclosure. i could only imagine what she would do if she knew they could chew their way out sometimes.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
lol...holy crap my ol lady would have a heart attack. she wont even stay in the room when i open an enclosure. i could only imagine what she would do if she knew they could chew their way out sometimes.

Lol, that made me chuckle. I'm guessing she doesn't read the forum.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol, that made me chuckle. I'm guessing she doesn't read the forum.
no she doesnt. lol and she surely isnt a fan of my eight legged friends...lol or my roaches or isopods for that matter. lol I will say though she doesnt kill spiders in the house anymore. she gets me to put them outside now...i think i might be starting to get to her a little. just trying to talk her into letting me get an LP right now...trying to wear her down. lol not working too well.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
no she doesnt. lol and she surely isnt a fan of my eight legged friends...lol or my roaches or isopods for that matter. lol I will say though she doesnt kill spiders in the house anymore. she gets me to put them outside now...i think i might be starting to get to her a little. just trying to talk her into letting me get an LP right now...trying to wear her down. lol not working too well.

I still don't like spiders loose in the house and have been known to kill them if my son's not around to get rid. As for cobwebs on the garage etc, euk and yet I can handle the Ts webs with no problem. I wouldn't tell her how big LPs grow.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I still don't like spiders loose in the house and have been known to kill them if my son's not around to get rid. As for cobwebs on the garage etc, euk and yet I can handle the Ts webs with no problem. I wouldn't tell her how big LPs grow.
lol...yeah enn when it gets that big ill just say "hmmm...i had no idea hon." lmao

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
lol...yeah enn when it gets that big ill just say "hmmm...i had no idea hon." lmao

They're well worth it, their growth rate is amazing. My 2 have grown from 1" to well over 6" in 15 months and 6 moults each.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
not too bad then. :) hmm. might not tell her and just get one and see how long before she notices. lol

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
. I wouldn't tell her how big LPs grow.

That's exactly what I did. I eventually fessed up, but I don't think he actually knows how big exactly it'll be. He knows it won't be Goliath Birdeater size, lol.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They typically don't exceed 7-8 inche. That's around the same size as most pokies. The difference is that LPs are more bulky. Pamphos and Theraphosa are the true giants when it comes to South America terrestrials.

As for killing spiders, well I refuse to kill them, even widows and recluses I just catch em with a container and relocate them. I've even saved a few at work. [emoji14]

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
As for killing spiders, well I refuse to kill them, even widows and recluses I just catch em with a container and relocate them. I've even saved a few at work. [emoji14]

I know I should do that too but the worst are the ones that run at your feet when you're on the loo and no catch cup to hand lol.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I hear that a lot from T hobbyists.. It still shocks me though. I'll remove widows, the only ones I'll kill are recluses. The rest are safe, as long as they don't web. Webber's get put out. Jumpers are welcomed, and sometimes hand fed:D Phiddipus Audax are common in my house. People who visit know better than to swat at my jumping spiders. They stay around windows and corners mainly.:T:flies don't live long though...:p

Latest posts