• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

All my T's look fat.

Tnoob

I've also noticed that 3 of them seem to be trying to bury themselves. I think I am expecting molt...

Pinkyx92

yeah esp if they are looking huge and refusing to eat is an indication too. normally if theyre big n fat and start to burrow they are in premolt and depending on your T's they may be burrowed for some time. how often are you feeding them/what size food? my g. pulchripes sling I power fed just for a few molts and she has a booty that looks like an engorged tick. shes also been fasting for a lil over a week and is showing signs of premolt. i bet we are both in for some molty molty time.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Most slings will look fat after a feeding. There's a chance they aren't going into premolt but as they won't need to eat for a while they're trying to find somewhere to hide therefore burrowing.

I use something like this for slings that don't have a cork bark or anywhere to hide. It's very easy to make and bottletops are always easy to find around the house. Not all my slings used them but a large number did

image.jpg

Tnoob

Most slings will look fat after a feeding. There's a chance they aren't going into premolt but as they won't need to eat for a while they're trying to find somewhere to hide therefore burrowing.

I use something like this for slings that don't have a cork bark or anywhere to hide. It's very easy to make and bottletops are always easy to find around the house. Not all my slings used them but a large number did

View attachment 39016
I have more than enough cork bark. You need some?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Rs50matt was trying to give you some helpful advice:) based on your previous posts-I gather you are referring to your LP slings starting to burrow?
if so in the pictures you put up of there enclosures there is no cork bark in there or any other kind of hide?

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

What a cunt of a reply. I don't need but thanks for the concern. I was making a suggestion as the last post update of your Lp enclosures they had nowhere to hide. Maybe if you have plenty of cork bark you should provide them some?

Tnoob

What a cunt of a reply. I don't need but thanks for the concern. I was making a suggestion as the last post update of your Lp enclosures they had nowhere to hide. Maybe if you have plenty of cork bark you should provide them some?
I put a hole in the substrate so they can hide. This post wasn't about my L.P.'s it was about my H Mac OBT and my G pulchripes, I was trying to be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tnoob

@Rs50matt was trying to give you some helpful advice:) based on your previous posts-I gather you are referring to your LP slings starting to burrow?
if so in the pictures you put up of there enclosures there is no cork bark in there or any other kind of hide?
No I'm not, but thanks.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I put a hole in the substrate so they can hide. This post wasn't about my L.P.'s it was about my H Mac OBT and my G pulchripes, Mr. Dumbphuck. I was trying to be nice, but I guess you want to wave your sandy vagina in everyones face.

You came back with a stupid reply to genuine help. I made a suggestion for a hide and you decided to be a cunt.
Maybe if you could engage your brain you’d maybe look at putting some cork bark with your lps so they have a hide. No matter the species the same idea applies.
I’m quite reserved in my replies to people’s threads. I only comment on what I have info on. Just like me you are a very small fish on here with **** all knowledge or experience. Maybe you should look back at your dumb replies on other threads and reevaluate your position.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts