• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Addicted to buying tarantulas

Konstantin

3 Year Member
I don’t think so! I had been thinking of adding another but I had a house fire last summer and was glad I only had to worry about the one T plus my cat. Now I’m scared to take on more than I can carry in an emergency :(
Sorry to hear about the house fire.
Get multiple slow growing slings or dwarfs(Cyriocosmus sp or similar) and keep them in a open top storage box of some sort that way you will be able to grab them as one.If there is desire there always will be a way. Lol
Regards Konstantin

gognomie

Sorry to hear about the house fire.
Get multiple slow growing slings or dwarfs(Cyriocosmus sp or similar) and keep them in a open top storage box of some sort that way you will be able to grab them as one.If there is desire there always will be a way. Lol
Regards Konstantin
This is what I do with the storage box (well, an old fat ball feeder tub) it's great for sling/juvie care and also saves my back a little.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
This little cutie is nearly a year old, even at this age, they show signs of the temperament they're famous for.
Also, heck no! Please don't think you said something wrong!
View attachment 43826

They also give me something to look forward to in the long term too, especially the slings, I'm not just going from day to day but now I have something to look forward to in years time.
Though, I love the idea of an Asian fossorial therapy tarantula. :D

Oh it's adorable! So tiny and pink!

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I don’t think so! I had been thinking of adding another but I had a house fire last summer and was glad I only had to worry about the one T plus my cat. Now I’m scared to take on more than I can carry in an emergency :(

Sorry to hear of the fire. Did it make the news as I'm sure I saw something about a cat and a tarantula getting rescued by firefighters?

smallbike

3 Year Member

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It did! Everyone got out ok, but the news crews were all super excited to get a photo of my tarantula. Here’s the post I made: https://www.tarantulaforum.com/thre...wly-escapes-structure-fire.24496/#post-154282
Isn't there a famous film studio in Emeryville (Pixar I think)?
That's where I need to live. my surname is Emery! ha ha
Glad everyone and everything you love is safe. Whenever I talk about my Ts, it always creates a lot of attention. Especially when I say I have over 200.

smallbike

3 Year Member
Isn't there a famous film studio in Emeryville (Pixar I think)?
That's where I need to live. my surname is Emery! ha ha
Glad everyone and everything you love is safe. Whenever I talk about my Ts, it always creates a lot of attention. Especially when I say I have over 200.
Yep Pixar was walking distance to my old spot! I’m back in Oakland now though.