• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

acrylic sling enclosure?

FriendOrFood

3 Year Member
Anyone know where I can find a deli cup sized acrylic enclosure with air vents, and something that opens easier than a deli cup? Even a little larger enclosure is prob fine. Many thanks : )

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I get mine at the local dollar type store with the screw on lids, even those reusable glad type containers work well ^^
Most places have their own brand and my grocer has some that are quite clear, 32oz size 2/$1.00.
seems since I have been keeping T's every container is looked at with the thoughts of its re-use capabilities as a sling home :p
Have a dozen nice little clear plastic deals candy cane trees came in, got them after the holidays for 10/$1.00, now I just need more slings ^.~
super easy to vent them ,drill or hot nail or soldering iron makes lovely little holes, I used a dremel to drill them initially but I need a new one 0.o

FriendOrFood

3 Year Member
I get mine at the local dollar type store with the screw on lids, even those reusable glad type containers work well ^^
Most places have their own brand and my grocer has some that are quite clear, 32oz size 2/$1.00.
seems since I have been keeping T's every container is looked at with the thoughts of its re-use capabilities as a sling home :p
Have a dozen nice little clear plastic deals candy cane trees came in, got them after the holidays for 10/$1.00, now I just need more slings ^.~
super easy to vent them ,drill or hot nail or soldering iron makes lovely little holes, I used a dremel to drill them initially but I need a new one 0.o

Didn't think about doin it myself. Headed to the dollar store now : ) Thanks!!

FriendOrFood

3 Year Member
Picked this guy or gal G Pulchra up earlier at local reptile show : )

Attachments

• 20160220_124227.jpg
    20160220_124227.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42

FriendOrFood

3 Year Member

You def saved me money! Found the perfect enclosure and it opens easy! Thanks! : )

Zurchiboy

3 Year Member
I am using 4x4" plastic container that had dried oregano or some spice which I washed out and drilled small holes on top put 2 inches if substrate and put out 3/4 inch b smithi in. Seems very suitable for a sling and a good way to reuse containers that you get from the grocery stores. It snaps shut so you don't have to worry about escapes.

Last edited:

FriendOrFood

3 Year Member
I am using 4x4" plastic container that had dried oregano or some spice which I washed out and drilled small holes on top put 2 inches if substrate and put out 3/4 inch b smithi in. Seems very suitable for a sling and a good way to reuse containers that you get from the grocery stores. It snaps shut so you don't have to worry about escapes.

Nice! How does it open?

Zurchiboy

3 Year Member
Here's a picture. My estimates on substrate were a bit off. Can certainly find taller ones.

Attachments

• 20160222_234004.jpg
    20160222_234004.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 49