• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A new (and bigger) home for my T. Albo!

Arlo

I finally got around to moving Shelob to her new home! I wasn't planning on doing it this soon but the Exo Terra tank I ordered arrived early, plus today I went to a reptile store and found an amazing piece of cork (never thought I'd get excited over a piece of cork lol) and just couldn't wait to put everything together.

The truth is, I took this as an opportunity to improve her set up as when I first got her I didn't know anything about her species or Ts in general. In her old tank, I had a lot of small pieces of cork that kept collapsing as she dug tunnels underneath. Also, her digging habits made the nano tank a pain in the ***, since everytime I'd try opening the doors I'd get a pound of dirt all over me.

I still think Tarantulas can do just fine in smaller enclosures (Ungoliant is not complaining), but Shelob is an extremely active T and definitely needed more space to dig and burrow.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with how her new home turned out so far (I'm still waiting for her replacement acrylic lid to come). If you think there could be more dirt at the front to reduce the space between the substrate and the ceiling, I would agree with you. Thing is, I know tonight Shelob will make a tunnel and take care of the issue herself. She is already at work as I'm typing :)

Attachments

• 20220220_184909.jpg
    20220220_184909.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
  • 20220220_184924.jpg
    20220220_184924.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
Looks really nice. Please keep us updated as to her redecorating if at all. I don't own that species, but I am still interested in what she does with her new digs.

Arlo

Looks really nice. Please keep us updated as to her redecorating if at all. I don't own that species, but I am still interested in what she does with her new digs.
Will do! I'm expecting to wake up tomorrow and find all her nice leaves buried under 2 inches of soil.

Latest posts