• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A home for my very first Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens (Green bottle Blue)

Flafex

Hi, after some years planing finally I have the right moment t get my very first tarantula, a Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens (Green bottle Blue). She will be about 1" (2,5cm), what would be the perfect size enclosure for her? how long will take to change size?

Thanks!

Colorado Ts

In early October I brought in 5 GBB slings that were between 3/4" and 1".

I prepared them 4x4x4 Clear Plastic AMAC enclosures. Each enclosure is drilled on two sides (front and back) to promote cross-flow of air through the enclosure. There is 1" to 1.5" of coco fibre substrate, the substrate is BONE DRY. I added some bark for a hide and couple of twigs and small sticks as anchor points for webbing. I also included a water bottle cap that I use as a water dish. Do not over flow the water dish, keep the substrate as dry as possible.

If you note that ALL the slings are on the sides of the enclosure, hanging out near the air vent holes and are not webbing...check the substrate to see if it is damp or moist.

The slings are maintained at 79 degrees F, and fed twice a week on small crickets. Each of them has moulted and they are growing nicely.

The slings have each picked an area of the enclosure to begin webbing and create a "Home". One seems to like hanging and exploring the sides of the enclosure. Its webbing is like a tent in one corner and that is where it spends most of its time.

The others have taken up residence under their hides and all have started webbing, though some are more active at webbing then others.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Here you go...the perfect set up.
15761324145894122910290121505037.jpg

Latest posts