• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. geniculata (giant white knee) enclosure size

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have 2 female Brachy's in the smaller medium sized, PT2300 faunariums & they feel more than large enough for them. I also recently acquired an adult Brachy in one of the Large, PT2310 enclosures & that by comparison always feels slightly too large.

The size you are suggesting is not a problem, but for me, it just feels larger than is needed.

ArachnoHorn

3 Year Member
FYI, the Exo terra faunariums are terrestrial enclosures.
64F203DF-80CE-445E-B750-A192A7D58040.jpeg
Most of them are like this

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Exo Terra makes a variety of products & their Flat Faunarium are very different to the image above. This is what benson1990 is talking about.

View attachment 53180
Thanks. Too many of us forget about these. As I said, faunaruims are NOT the typical Exo Terra enclosure. I believe Jon3800 had a whole room of terrestrial adults in these.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks. Too many of us forget about these. As I said, faunaruims are NOT the typical Exo Terra enclosure. I believe Jon3800 had a whole room of terrestrial adults in these.

I have 4 all with Brachy's in them. One is too big, but I have 3 more on order, so will be down sizing the enclosure for one soon. What I like about them is the floor space they offer, I can over flow the water dish & keep some substrate pleasantly moist, but the T never needs to go near it.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I thought one of these enclosures would be too small if anything, with A. geniculata getting to be 7-8" big...
I keep 10" LP/ stimi males in the large size. Plenty of room to run around plus they can't hurt themselves.

Heres a 8" female Lasiodora parahybana molting in the large size.
20200422_154400.jpg

A couple 5"-6" Rosehairs...
20201209_185921.jpg
20201209_185453.jpg

Latest posts