• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2 questions

david11

3 Year Member
Question 1: so my g rosea keeps climbing on its enclosure's walls and i dont have a clue why? the substrate i use is 100% dry coco fiber and there are no mites im pretty sure there are no mites,atleast i dont see them
question 2: im about to go get a female n chromatus in 2 days and the guy lives 10 mins from my house and my question is can the t survive in cold weather for 10 mins?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Who knows why Ts do some of the things they do. My G. rosea was also a keen climber. As for the N. chromatus can you put it inside your jacket if you're walking? 10 minutes should be fine though.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My dry species will climb when it gets humid here, all of them;) Just keep your substrate high enough so a fall won't harm it. :) I use the 6 inch rule for adults. With juvies and slings just use your judgement. I've violated my rule occasionally but never had one injured from a fall.

Latest posts