• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

14 New Spiders From Jonathan at Seven Wonders Reptiles

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Getting new animals is one of the best things about this hobby. Its so much fun opening up that box, not really knowing what you will find. I ordered 13 new spiders and received 14. That is another fun thing I'm discovering. There seems to be a new trend (New to me…) that when someone does a sizable order of a few new slings, sellers like to include a "freebie" as a way of saying "thanks". I think this is a fantastic trend and hope it continues.

All the boring stuff first: I couldn't find any reviews for Seven Wonders on our forum, but his sales AD on our forum did have a link to a few positive customer reviews on another forum. Jonathan was prompt and easy to deal with. I found his "Show Sale" ad here on our forum the day after it expired, but he still honored the sale prices, and he certainly didn't have to do that. Getting payment to him and arranging the shipping details was easy, and he accommodated my requests to wait on shipping with no problems. When it was time to ship, one of the young GBB was molting, so Jonathan gave me the option of how to proceed. Refund that guy, ship him separately later, hold the whole shipment, etc… I decided to just wait another day or two and get all of them at once and it worked out fine. All spiders arrive very well packed, safe and healthy, and most of them were larger than advertised. AND, he sent me an A. versicolor sling as a free gift for my business! I love that species. Its been a couple of decades since I laid hands on any Avicularia, so this was a very welcome surprise. I give Seven Wonders two enthusiastic thumbs up. I would recommend them to friends and family, and I would do business with them again.

Now the fun stuff! Here's the tally:
3 - 1" A. geniculata slings
3 - .75" C (Or H.) lividus slings
3 - .5" Nhandu chromatus slings
2 - 1.33" GBB
1 - 2.25" B boehmei
1 - 3" OBT
And one FREE .5" A. versicolor

Unpacking them was easy and free of drama, just how I like it. Here are some pics:
B. boehmei:
IMG_5766.JPG

Little GBB:
IMG_5771.JPG

This A. geniculata molted en route:
IMG_5777.JPG

N. chromatus:
IMG_5782.JPG

C. lividum:
IMG_5789.JPG

The OBT wouldn't cooperate for pic, and I really didn't want to mess with him too much, so I'll get a pic later.

A. versicolor:
IMG_5792.JPG

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
That a heck of a freebie! Whenever you get the chance you’ll want to reprint its label though. They’re now Caribena versicolor.

Congrats on the new additions. You’re collection is growing rapidly!

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
That a heck of a freebie! Whenever you get the chance you’ll want to reprint its label though. They’re now Caribena versicolor.

Congrats on the new additions. You’re collection is growing rapidly!
Darn it! I hate it when "they" change the scientific names after I've already learned them…

Thanks for the correction.

Latest posts