• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some of my critters

Listershat

3 Year Member
SalmonPinkbroody.jpg

My Salmon Pink's started playing with it's ping pong ball the last few days. You can tell it's nowhere near mature at that size, so I doubt it's a broody female. It's the only one that's been vaguely interested in the ball, busily walking it around her tank, throwing her water dish out of the way. Very strange indeed.

Listershat

3 Year Member
DSC01004.JPG

New G. Pulchra from Tartan Tarantulas, cute little thing. Mostly walks about with it's abdomen up in the air - typical that I should get a snotty one! :D

Listershat

3 Year Member
GWK+CGKM.jpg
Two molts overnight and I've only just noticed them. The Giant White Knee and the Chaco Golden Knee, (at last! - been waiting months for it to molt) Jackie. Both gorgeous little buggers. :)

Listershat

3 Year Member
It was actually 3 molts last night! Went to feed the others and found the baby Vagans had shed too. No photo of that though, as I never see it, just found the molt dumped on the surface. ;)

Listershat

3 Year Member
DSC01256.JPG

The bigger B. Vagans having a drink. I have to rehouse the sling in a while, think there's some mold starting in it's little tub. I just know it's going to give me the runaround, it's a quick little bugger ;).

Listershat

3 Year Member
DSC01278.JPG

The Baby Curly Hair freshly molted this morning. The Seemanni sling that I got at the same time seems to be ready too which seems strange, completely different species. Must be a coincidence.

Listershat

3 Year Member
Sept. rehouses.jpg

September rehousing, time consuming, but no problems at all. Substrate seems damper than they're used to as some are climbing, but they'll get used to it pretty quick.

Listershat

3 Year Member
Newriverrehouse-complete.jpg

Rehoused the New River today, poor little thing was terrified. Settled in quickly though, there's webbing in the tank already. :)
Have to do the Seemanni next and she's getting really skittish and defensive lately, not like her at all. Maybe she's coming up for a molt, can't be the temperature as it's getting colder, not hotter. Weird.

Listershat

3 Year Member
LPshedoct13.jpg

LP's all finished and very knackered. She had the hammock laid out by half six yesterday morning but didn't flip for 24 hours. Really leggy now, will need a good feed next week. :D

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love the lp with the ball, She is Really into That. Maybe She does pilates?
Ive got to get a b vagans, been saying That for ages.
I still like "Rusty" Best of yours <3

Listershat

3 Year Member
Ta. A Vagans is well worth getting, cute and very cheap. My bigger Vagans is gorgeous but rather shy. Sometimes sits out at night but usually underground, so not quite a pet hole. Think there's two more molts coming up - the Semanni is really skittish lately which is not like her and the little Chaco. It ran at the side of the tank when I moved and when I put my finger near it , it flew for it! Ha, it's only three inches leg span so not very alarming, more cute.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ta. A Vagans is well worth getting, cute and very cheap. My bigger Vagans is gorgeous but rather shy. Sometimes sits out at night but usually underground, so not quite a pet hole. Think there's two more molts coming up - the Semanni is really skittish lately which is not like her and the little Chaco. It ran at the side of the tank when I moved and when I put my finger near it , it flew for it! Ha, it's only three inches leg span so not very alarming, more cute.
My smallest chaco escaped in the Shop When i bought It, Hes very scruffy and always looks like he just got out of bed, cheeky little thing. Ive got some fat, grumpy rosies looking ready to moult. Money punched his cricket in the face the other day, naughty Boy.

Latest posts