• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some of my critters

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes get a big Moody one on sweet patrol next time. Glad the moult went well. I've got a few fat ones looking close to moulting now. My first tiny b smithi moulted a few days ago but doesn't look any different. They are a long way from getting hairy and stripey yet.

Listershat

3 Year Member
DSC01442.JPG

Looking good, takes longer and longer to recover as they get bigger. Littluns are running about straight away.
Yeah, my B. Smthi took ages to show it's colours, worth the wait though. I've had a few that should've flipped ages ago, mainly the Chaco again. It was the same last time, swelled up like a balloon but took ages. :confused:

Listershat

3 Year Member
The Chaco's fine ta, only about an inch across so pretty skittish. Won't know for a while what it's really like.
Only two reptile shops here, not good for T's really. Got the Red Knee from one, (very expensive shop) as a dot and a Rose and the bigger Red Rump from the other quite cheap, (£25 & £30) but they never have more than 1 or 2 in. I mostly buy from the Spider Shop, I have used Virginia Cheeseman, Tartan Tarantulas and Tarantula World - they're all ok. It's having the £ though, and I don't often have it. ;)

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
just wondered as i was looking on line last night, My friend wants One for her daughter ( The daughter is 5 and has been walking around with a box of My ts old skins, apparently She chucked her doll out of The pram and put The box of skins in it So She Could take them for a walk. She even sleeps with The box in her bed.)
Some of The sites i looked on were funny ( things like a genic labelled as "striped Tarantula" ) And Some were a Bit optomistic with The prices !

Listershat

3 Year Member
Tartan Tarantulas on FB are great for prices, and they include P&P, (special delivery as usual). Sometimes he'll throw in a free plastic viv for the slings with a plant and a bit of bark. Was £20 for my G. Pulchra 3-4cm. Only think was he was so snowed under for orders he couldn't guarantee a post date, but he let me know the day before anyway. Here's a couple of his deals,

Last 29 available! B.Boehmei - mexican fire leg 5-6cm £20!!! Price includes delivery!!! To be honest im surprised we still have that much left so get in quick!!!

Purple tree spider 4-5cm + acrylic enclosure + decor + delivery anywhere in maindland uk £25!!!! These are fast,purple and sexy but experienced homes only,they are bloody rapid!!!

We have 3 pumpkin patch "small form" still available 5th moult + acrylic set up + decor + delivery anywhere in mainland uk all for £20 each!!!

Listershat

3 Year Member
Really? My Zebra is absolutely evil! She attacks the glass of her tank if you walk by too fast!
She's a stunner. No, mine was easily the most mellow up until a couple of months ago. Since then she's really skittish, never postured or flicked. Thought she may have been in premoult, but nothing so far - although she is digging a lot suddenly.

Charmyknux

3 Year Member
She's a stunner. No, mine was easily the most mellow up until a couple of months ago. Since then she's really skittish, never postured or flicked. Thought she may have been in premoult, but nothing so far - although she is digging a lot suddenly.
Thanks :) she's good looking but she's almost bitten me a few times.
I like her though, she was my second t :)

Latest posts