• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some of my critters

Listershat

3 Year Member
DSC01387.JPG

Said grumpy Seemanni. Just cleaned her tank out ready for what I'm almost sure will be a molt. Her abdomens always that dark, so can't tell from that, but she's well fed so i can't think of any other reason for the mood swing. (Then again, the others are all nuts. :) I had a baby Red Claw scorpion that got angry, (they all were) with the sponge in its water bowl, (I know - never used for T's, don't use 'em for the Scorp either now) and stung it. It wandered around for a couple of hours with that stuck on it's tail, kids were in hysterics!)

Listershat

3 Year Member
GP&ASBFB.jpg

The backsides of my two spiders that are the most difficult to get a pic of. The G. Pulchra and the cute orange spinnarets of the baby A. Seemanni Blue form.

Listershat

3 Year Member
They have some in The Spider Shop at the moment, slings at £15 and I think some bigger as well. Very shy at this size, (about an inch leg span) hopefully it'll sit out more when it's older.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeh I thought the ones in the shop were beautiful but I got red knees instead :) I'm so predictable but I was not sure what Brazilian black temperament is like.

Listershat

3 Year Member
Most people say they're very mellow and a great starter species, but as always individuals vary. Like my New River, supposed to be as mellow as a Chalcodes but it's crazy. I still want an Emilia out of there, but I'm not sure about another sling - my last one didn't live long. The adults are way too expensive for me.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Huh, I will be getting some Brazilian blacks at the weekend then if any left :) Your one is very pretty. I normally only buy slings as its not easy to tell how old adults are and they are expensive here.

Listershat

3 Year Member
Yeah, ideally I'd like juvie's over say 4cm body length but they don't come up much. It's usually 1cm or adult, I suppose they sell out quick. Shame.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just love watching tiny babies grow. There was a big n chromatus and a big a genic in a shop near me that I nearly bought out of Pity but couldn't justify eighty pound each for them :(

Listershat

3 Year Member
I just love watching tiny babies grow. There was a big n chromatus and a big a genic in a shop near me that I nearly bought out of Pity but couldn't justify eighty pound each for them :(
No, that's way too much. I really want a Chromatus but they're pretty common, (and £3 for a sling) so I wouldn't pay much for one.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No, that's way too much. I really want a Chromatus but they're pretty common, (and £3 for a sling) so I wouldn't pay much for one.
I paid fifteen pound each for mine. They have the strangest behavior out of all my ts they are funny little things, very pretty. I felt sorry for the big one and the big Genic they were in tiny pots with no water or shelter.

Listershat

3 Year Member
DSC01437.JPG

The N. Colloratovillosus, (B&W Birdeater) has flipped. Didn't even see it lay a hammock. There's a few that should've shed for ages now, but I wasn't expecting this one. :)