• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Zoya's Enclosure :)

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A better question would be how many times people say they don't want their slings to drown.
lol...funny. and i have even told people and told them to get u to show them the picture of that avic floating on the amazon.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
lol...funny. and i have even told people and told them to get u to show them the picture of that avic floating on the amazon.
I'm glad I found that picture, it's pretty incredible.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree. Bark is not a good substrate. It doesn't allow burrowing, it can be dangerous if the tarantula falls on it, and it's probably rather uncomfortable for it to walk on.

Tarzan152

3 Year Member
I would ditch that bark for potting soil, much more natural. Your tarantula will appreciate it!
Thanks. I'll heed your advice. I had potting soil before but, for some unknown reason, I found mites/small bugs in it so I switched to bark. I'll head back to potting soil shortly because I honestly forgot about the burying thing.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If u dont wanna do potting soil, cocofiber is also good. and it is slightly acidic, it resists mites and mold.

leaveittoweaver

3 Year Member
Buy the cheapest potting soil with no fertilizers or pesticides. The more expensive the potting soil, the more junk they tend to put in it. If the soil is very damp, dry it out before use.

Cocofiber is fine, it just doesn't pack down very well for burrowing purposes and it's more expensive.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I like to use a mixture of top soil and coco fber for my Ephebopus species. Helps hold the burrow together and also retains moisture better.

bookac

3 Year Member
Hi there. That is a sweet setup and an awesome looking tarantula. Pitty about the plants. Some of my tarantulas also does that like my CBB recently took out all the plants and webbed them together to make a little funnel at the entrance to his hide. And my Grammostola pulchripes is a real bulldozer so she re-arranges her enclosure on a daily basis. I just leave them, if they are happy then I am happy. :D

lol thats funny, i am going to put them again, just to try and see how she would arange them :)