• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Will meal worms eat slings?

dexjones0612

So I put a mealworm in with my Trinidad chevron and forgot to crush the head. It went into the substrate and stayed there. Can meal worms eat slings? I've never encountered this before and I feel bad now and un experienced for letting this happen if it did get ate

Tarantula Trooper

3 Year Member
Never had mealworms try to eat a sling. Usually they stay buried and will turn into a beetle and can be removed then unless you find it sooner! These things tend to happen occasionally. My Versicolor usually devours everything but missed a mealworm and it's pupating under the substrate. If it lives and comes out in beetle form the T usually won't eat it and can be removed. Crickets are not to be left in especially if a molt is due! They will and have eaten slings and even full grown adults during a molt. But mealworms are not that big a deal and I have never had any issues with them.

Latest posts