• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Who's molted today

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
P. gigas molted this week, exo not to be found nor have I seen the entire spider out of its hide to get a pic but it's legs are larger and hairier, like a teenager lol

P. pulcher molted this week, too
It "housekept" it's exo into a corner of the webbing making it tough to retrieve without disrupting a lot of webbing

Here is a pic of it the morning after the molt. Exo visible on the right
IMG_20200513_072249.jpg

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
P. burgessi molted sometime in the last few days. I only found out because it deposited it's exo on the other side of the enclosure, which means it carried it out and placed it there vs just ejecting it.

Retrieved P. pulcher's exo today too, it molted Monday night, 5 days ago. I will try to feed these two tomorrow, or maybe wait 2 more days.

Pic of both exos: pulcher left, burgessi right
IMG_20200516_153643.jpg

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
C. versi #1, codename John (Lennon), molted Saturday night. Caught him/her in the act

IMG_20200516_215250.jpg

Shot with red light as not to disturb. Exo on left, shiny new spider on the right.

These guys are blue by day, but are clear, almost white, when molting out. The regain color pretty quickly after molting. Super interesting.

Last edited:

merlin87

Late last year, I lost my little Avic to a bad molt, so when I looked in yesterday and saw my G pulchripes on her back I was concerned. This morning, she was back on her feet but looked like she was wearing the old exoskeleton like a hat. My first thought was "holy crap, that is a LOT of legs". She has since torn it to pieces, and has yet to make an appearance outside of her hide, but she looks good. WHEW!

merlin87

Late last year, I lost my little Avic to a bad molt, so when I looked in yesterday and saw my G pulchripes on her back I was concerned. This morning, she was back on her feet but looked like she was wearing the old exoskeleton like a hat. My first thought was "holy crap, that is a LOT of legs". She has since torn it to pieces, and has yet to make an appearance outside of her hide, but she looks good. WHEW!

Wow, she's certainly a beauty!

Attachments

• ZZ Post Molt-3.jpg
    ZZ Post Molt-3.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 10

Latest posts