• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Which one should it be?

Heart or head?

• E. cyanognathus - heart, because I've wanted one for so long even though I know it's a pet hole

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • A. diversipes - head, because it's stunning and will be much more visible

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am ordering from Poland soon, it's my son's birthday and he wants a couple of scorpions so I thought I'd treat myself to 1 new T. For ages I have wanted a Ephebopus cyanognathus but I also love the A. diversipes.

Please don't say get both because I shouldn't even be thinking of 1

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
I almost never see my cyanognathus. Mine is VERY secretive, but stays beautiful. My diversipes was stunning when young, but now is dark grey look une, nothing special, and hides a lot too.

I'd say: go for the cyanognathus, the burrow they build is interessant, the look is beautiful and when she stays at the entrance it's a real treat. Besides, she doesn't need a big enclosure. And Ephebopus have urticating hairs on the palps!

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I went with the diversipes. I don't like the pet holes. My H. triseriatus is that way and I've been looking to give it away. I want T's I can see. I don't mind the burrowing of the slings, as they'll come out at night or when they're hungry and usually outgrow the burrowing.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Follow your heart, it's the one you really want and you have lots of others that are beautiful. Get this one because it's your gift to you and the one you want most!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Pet holes don't bother me too much as long as I get to see them occasionally

Follow your heart, it's the one you really want and you have lots of others that are beautiful. Get this one because it's your gift to you and the one you want most!

The more I think about it the more I feel you're right, I've regretted not getting one in the past so maybe now is the time.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Pet holes don't bother me too much as long as I get to see them occasionally

The more I think about it the more I feel you're right, I've regretted not getting one in the past so maybe now is the time.
Then get it honey, that way you never have to say 'dang I wish I had gotten...'

((This was hard for me to say as I <3 avics <3))

Last edited:

timc

3 Year Member
I hope I'm not too late to offer an opinion but my vote is for the e. Cyanognathus. Their beauty and propensity to be pet holes cancel each other out in my opinion but I think their feeding response is right at the top of the list. It's super cool how fast they move and how hard they hit. Also, I keep some of my Ts on my bookshelf and my little Lady Joker has shot poop out of the enclosure on to my books! Some of them are first editions! So even if it is a pet hole, it's not exactly boring!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I hope I'm not too late to offer an opinion but my vote is for the e. Cyanognathus. Their beauty and propensity to be pet holes cancel each other out in my opinion but I think their feeding response is right at the top of the list. It's super cool how fast they move and how hard they hit. Also, I keep some of my Ts on my bookshelf and my little Lady Joker has shot poop out of the enclosure on to my books! Some of them are first editions! So even if it is a pet hole, it's not exactly boring!

Not too late. I have pretty much decided on the E. cyanognathus and your comments have pushed me even more that way :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
WP_20160527_17_34_14_Pro.jpg

There are other alternatives that might intrigue you, were you to...branch out, as it were.