• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When to re-house A. Geniculata Sling?

FangsAndFur

I got my A. geniculata sling (my first pet arachnid, named Spot because of the spot on their abdomen) about 2.5 months ago. They came in a starter kit with an enclosure, substrate, and furnishings. When I first received them, they were incredibly tiny—almost like a speck of dust with legs. Since then, they’ve been thriving, eating well, molting, and growing at a steady pace.

Currently, the sling’s diagonal leg span is a little over half the enclosure's width, and the length of the enclosure is roughly three times their leg span. Despite this, Spot seems to be doing well in their current home, having created a cozy little burrow under the artificial foliage and continuing to eat and grow without any issues.

My question is, should I be considering an enclosure upgrade soon? And if so, should I transition Spot directly to an adult-sized enclosure, or would it be better to move to an intermediate-sized one first?

BabyT.jpeg

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I got my A. geniculata sling (my first pet arachnid, named Spot because of the spot on their abdomen) about 2.5 months ago. They came in a starter kit with an enclosure, substrate, and furnishings. When I first received them, they were incredibly tiny—almost like a speck of dust with legs. Since then, they’ve been thriving, eating well, molting, and growing at a steady pace.

Currently, the sling’s diagonal leg span is a little over half the enclosure's width, and the length of the enclosure is roughly three times their leg span. Despite this, Spot seems to be doing well in their current home, having created a cozy little burrow under the artificial foliage and continuing to eat and grow without any issues.

My question is, should I be considering an enclosure upgrade soon? And if so, should I transition Spot directly to an adult-sized enclosure, or would it be better to move to an intermediate-sized one first?

View attachment 73832
It could stay in that enclosure for another molt or two. That said, you will want to rehouse it sooner rather than later. I would not recommend going straight to an adult enclosure.

Latest posts