• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is your most reclusive Tarantula??

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Depicted is my female P. subfusca’s enclosure. I think she is an immature adult or a large juvenile. I don’t know cause I never see her. She lives in a dirt web tunnel. Pretty sure she is alive because all cickets are disappearing and something is pooping down those walls.

What is your most reclusive tarantula everyone??

Attachments

• 692F8C5F-6F0C-41C7-B7E0-BD5B2CCEFC61.jpeg
    692F8C5F-6F0C-41C7-B7E0-BD5B2CCEFC61.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Pelinobius muticus, king baboon. I haven't seen it in a long time, 2 years in March. Its alive, I see shadows moving in its tunnels. I'm going to rehouse it real soon. It will definitely be a video...I'll post it here.:D
Cant wait to see that @Arachnoclown :D I really like the p.muticus -I'm looking out for one.....so will be nice to see one even though they are a pet hole for sure:)

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My most reclusive has to be one of my Sahydroaraneus raja. I'd not seen it for over 10 months until a few days ago when it burrowed to the side of the container so I caught a glimpse of it. There isn't even a burrow opening on the surface.
Ennie, I had to look that one up. No surprise, I expect it when it comes to your brood!!! Too bad, you don’t see it.....they sure are beautiful!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ennie, I had to look that one up. No surprise, I expect it when it comes to your brood!!! Too bad, you don’t see it.....they sure are beautiful!

I have 2 and the other is slightly bigger and I see that scuttling around at the bottom. I'm hoping as they get bigger I'll see more of them otherwise it'll be next rehouse before I get decent photos..

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
P. muticus for me too. I have three of them. Every once in a while I'll catch them above ground in the pitch black in the middle of the night, but I never see them other than that. I can see two of the three with a flashlight because their tunnels go along the side of the 32 ounce deli cup they live in.

I used to have three cobalt blues, and I never saw them. Not once. Not even their feet. I sold them.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a few Selenotypus "sp.2" slings that according to my notes have had their burrows blocked since April or May last year, I only saw them for about a week after they arrived. I can see some through the sides of their enclosures and they honestly couldn't be fatter! Now the warm weather has been here for a couple of months I thought they'd be out by now.
I also have a Phlogius "pq113" that I haven't seen since it arrived about the same time last year, out of 3 one has always been visible most days, one I saw a moult in the web not long after it arrived but until last week I hadn't seen more than toes and the other I haven't seen at all.

Latest posts