• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is your favorite species of tarantula?

Nah I don't find the GBB as striking as the others I mentioned. GBBs make great starter tarantulas, and great pets in general, but I prefer mor striking colours. You put a female GBB next to a female P. Metallica and you'll see the metallica blue is so much more vibrant and bright, it almost makes the GBB colours look muted.
They both look quite beautiful on internet photos, though it's quite possible said photos aren't an entirely accurate representation of what said spiders look like in person.

Spiders&Snakes

Exactly mate. Seeing tarantulas in person is usually a bit different. Photos are usually edited, or taken with a flash, which gives the impression of more vibrancy. Better to go to an Expo and see loads of different ones side-by-side.

You'll soon see which ones stand out more. Internet isn't always an accurate representation of reality.

Gizalba

3 Year Member
Very hard to decide and it changes frequently, but currently I think the Chilobrachys genus. As adults their webbing is amazing and I like they can have attitude. They are also my favourite slings to keep as even though they are fossorial, seeing new webbing form frequently reassures me they are still alive! :) And I love the speed they get their prey and disappear again backwards. The slings seem to be very good eaters and growers, not scared of their prey so I don't usually have to chop up messy meal worms for them.

My gbb is my favorite out of my small collection. Reason being, it's more active. Cool webbing. And always ready to feed. Plus it is beautiful
GBBs are very cool. Either an A. geniculata or L. parahybana will be my first, but you can't really go wrong with any of those 3. All great beginner T's in their own right.

Lemon

Honestly my favorite is O. Aureotibialis, in decent enough lighting their colors really stand out to me even though they appear once every blue moon, though mine is pretty cool! She slowly emerges from her burrow when I open the cage, as soon as she gets her cricket its another couple days of doing spider tunnel digging! XD