• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

what do you guys think

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
I have a question, in regards to rehousing t's. I have moved my chaco 3 different times in a little over a month. I am thinking about moving it back from the drawer to a 10 gallon, it seemed much more active in the 10 now it just kinda hangs on the wall. Is there a lot of stress in moving them around much ? Thanks.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
While moving them about does cause stress, it is probably less stressful than keeping them in an enclosure they're not happy in. I would, however, make sure everything was set up just perfectly so that the next move is the last one. Do you have an idea of what could be causing it to not like it's new enclosure (change of substrate etc)? It could just be that the T hasn't had time to full settle in to it's new enclosure yet; like you said it has been moved about quite a bit...so maybe she just needs more time?

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
I think it liked more room. The new set up is smaller, and before it had very little if any substrate. I have it deep now. Just want to get it in its perment home.

Atx13

3 Year Member
It'll be alright if you want to move it again.
the reason shes hanging on the wall is probably because its to moist or something.

jtrux

3 Year Member
Yea, i'm curious as to why you moved it the first two times as well. And while activity might be a sign of happiness in our eyes, in all seriousness, they are pretty sedate animals so what you're seeing now in terms of activity level is more typical.