• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What are your other hobbies?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I just resently started working out....dont know if you would call that a hobby. My other actual hobbies beside tarantulas are hunting, fishing, camping, and my 3 female pitbulls.
Charlee
20190311_142926.jpg

Harlee
20190311_142848.jpg
Lucy
20181212_220551.jpg

Last edited:

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Whitelightning777
Lucy is 100% American pitbull terrier. Had her blood work done when we got her from the kill shelter.
Harlee and Charlee are American pitbull terrier and 1/4 boxer. We met the owners and the parents. We adopted them before they ended up at a rescue.
I dont know of any German bloodline of an American pitbull except crossing it with a German shepherd, rottweiler, doberman, or boxer???

Marija

3 Year Member
Long time haven't heard from you guys! Hope you are all well!
As far as my other hobbies go I have two dogs, blue American Staffordshire Terriers. Sadly one of them is very ill so I'm not sure how long he will last, he has cerebral ataxia... Other than T's I have two scoripons and a leopard gecko. The gecko is such a cutie!
3 months ago I was blessed with a daughter, so I have two kids now, my daughter and my husband :p:D
As far as fishes go, when I was a kid my dad had fishes, mainly bettas which were gorgeous but occasionally escaped from their tanks cause they wanted to fight each other. Very aggressive :D
We had all kinds of birds such as crows, owls... We had turtles, rabbits, cats, hamsters, mice...
I started a blog last year, writing funny stories seen from the Tarantula's perspective that some may find ridiculous lol
Cycling is a passion of mine so that can maybe be seen as a hobby too.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
As far as my other hobbies go I have two dogs, blue American Staffordshire Terriers. Sadly one of them is very ill so I'm not sure how long he will last, he has cerebral ataxia... Other than T's I have two scoripons and a leopard gecko. The gecko is such a cutie!
3 months ago I was blessed with a daughter, so I have two kids now, my daughter and my husband :p:D
As far as fishes go, when I was a kid my dad had fishes, mainly bettas which were gorgeous but occasionally escaped from their tanks cause they wanted to fight each other. Very aggressive :D
We had all kinds of birds such as crows, owls... We had turtles, rabbits, cats, hamsters, mice...
I started a blog last year, writing funny stories seen from the Tarantula's perspective that some may find ridiculous lol
Welcome back, hope you stick around:beer:

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't know if you call it a hobby but its certainly my passion...Animals!:)
I have always been fascinated with all animals from an early age and was never aloud to keep pets,im certainly making up for it now-
not only do I have many Ts I adore snakes and have got several different species,
not to mention my other pets including 2 dogs,4 cats,african pygmy hedgehogs,and my birds! I have finches doves,parakeets and many other including chickens,turkeys ducks and quail! so quite a collection:D
theres so much to learn from them all,its something that is my all consuming passion in life and I wouldn't have it any other way:)

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Whitelightning777
Lucy is 100% American pitbull terrier. Had her blood work done when we got her from the kill shelter.
Harlee and Charlee are American pitbull terrier and 1/4 boxer. We met the owners and the parents. We adopted them before they ended up at a rescue.
I dont know of any German bloodline of an American pitbull except crossing it with a German shepherd, rottweiler, doberman, or boxer???

There is, to my understanding, a German breed standard pit from literally breeders in Germany as well as an American one. At times, they exchange dogs to keep the bloodlines strong. I'm not totally sure how that works but it's what I've heard.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome back, I just lost my 12 year old shih tzu back in October. I actually read about cerebral ataxia two days ago because I am considering getting an amstaff puppy if I don't get an American bully. I read it's sadly hereditary.

As for other hobbies, I'm starting to grow carnivorous plants. Will be entering the snake hobby at some point, dreamscicle ball pythons are beyond stunning.

Marija

3 Year Member
Welcome back, I just lost my 12 year old shih tzu back in October. I actually read about cerebral ataxia two days ago because I am considering getting an amstaff puppy if I don't get an American bully. I read it's sadly hereditary.

As for other hobbies, I'm starting to grow carnivorous plants. Will be entering the snake hobby at some point, dreamscicle ball pythons are beyond stunning.
Yes, ataxia is hereditary. Both parents have to be carriers to produce an affected puppy. Most breeders sadly don't test their dogs and then you get a puppy that developes the symptoms a few years after.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
There is, to my understanding, a German breed standard pit from literally breeders in Germany as well as an American one. At times, they exchange dogs to keep the bloodlines strong. I'm not totally sure how that works but it's what I've heard.
Yeah I dont know....all the bully breeds have British bloodlines.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Kids and outdoors mostly. Also good beer and whiskey. Big into hunting.

I’ll add a couple of photos from my last hunt. It was a lottery draw for Texas public land. Hogs only with shotgun only (TPWD puts odd restrictions on these hunts). Hogs are mostly nocturnal and I didn’t hunt after dark based on some of the sign I saw (see picture #3).

63240077-8299-4EE1-8F78-1C9EE3EE49A0.jpeg
A90BF2FC-C429-488F-A90F-D2B7C26F2CB5.jpeg
88250F56-C43A-43AE-A3E3-4056A8972BA9.jpeg
4EE41C78-B0D6-41AD-8E4E-7CC898ABEA45.jpeg
8433600F-5985-4A0C-B401-55F167A5FCC6.jpeg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

Awwww congrats on your baby! That's always a nice addition to the home! :) :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Kids and outdoors mostly. Also good beer and whiskey. Big into hunting.

I’ll add a couple of photos from my last hunt. It was a lottery draw for Texas public land. Hogs only with shotgun only (TPWD puts odd restrictions on these hunts). Hogs are mostly nocturnal and I didn’t hunt after dark based on some of the sign I saw (see picture #3).

View attachment 36007 View attachment 36008 View attachment 36009 View attachment 36010 View attachment 36011

Coyote or wolf?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hmmmm........

Riding horses, deer hunting, riding four wheelers, muddin' in lifted old pickups with big ass tires, hiking, fishing, swimming, camping, building/framing....

Probably left a few out but I'd have to "edit" to post..... ;)