• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Weird chiling/laying pose?

bookac

3 Year Member
I just woke up in the middle of the night, and I found out my T laying on the substrate like this, is this normal ? or just she/he is enjoying the substrate..

plaAmT5.jpg

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just woke up in the middle of the night, and I found out my T laying on the substrate like this, is this normal ? or just she/he is enjoying the substrate..

plaAmT5.jpg
That's a post-molt stretch. Looks like it molted recently? They typically do this after a molt. It's also what I like to call the "Pokie" pose, since Poecilotheria are commonly seen in this sort of position.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Weird...As some of the posters said, they stretch out in weird poses after a molt, but that's just...weird...o_O Maybe it's enjoying the substrate like you said...is it damper right there then in the rest of the enclosure? Nice little rock formation, I like it.

bookac

3 Year Member
That's a post-molt stretch. Looks like it molted recently? They typically do this after a molt. It's also what I like to call the "Pokie" pose, since Poecilotheria are commonly seen in this sort of position.
Yes, its week and half after the molt, she/he is not anymore in this position.

Thanks guys

Latest posts