• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Wanted: Phrixotrichus scrofa

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Teaser...:p
20180508_174838.jpg

BenWilly

3 Year Member
You are so cruel lol
Did you ever find one? I have a female if you're interested . I just joined this forum searching up scrofa lol. But I belong to AB too, been there a good bit. My female is about 7-8yrs old , healthy fat girl. I got her a good while back along with three different Euathlus species, and a few other chilean tarantulas. All females.

lailaq

Did you ever find one? I have a female if you're interested . I just joined this forum searching up scrofa lol. But I belong to AB too, been there a good bit. My female is about 7-8yrs old , healthy fat girl. I got her a good while back along with three different Euathlus species, and a few other chilean tarantulas. All females.
Hey! You really have one?? And you’re interested in selling her?? I may be interested—I’m still looking for one, too, LOL.
Laila

CAcowgirl

A very long search is over!!! Thanks so much. Also scooped up a female E. sp Red :)
Oh you lucky, lucky bananahead. I have been searching for a P. scrofa for about 3 years now. I had an AF. She was given to me because the person kept and rescued reptiles and could barely handle having a tarantula around. I was like, ok. Then I fell in love with her. She was docile, calm, gorgeous, reliable eater. She was so chill that when I took her to a reptile expo as a representative of my reptile club, Ibaret hesitated to allow a 3 year old child to hold her. I hesitated only because it's possible a young child, even though enamored with tarantula, could wind up startling tor being startled by he T, and drop her. This young girl was so spellbound and persistent (albeit non-speaking), I allowed her to hold my T. My scrofa was wonderful! My scrofa's name was Penny Lane.

Later, I acquired a second AF. She was less friendly. Also not as beautiful. I later rehomed her to someone who was just as enamored with the species as I was.

Sadly, a year or two later, she ruptured and ded after a fall. Completely broke my heart. I've been looking everywhere for a beautiful docile girl just like her, ever since. If anyone has one they could let go, please contact me. I'd even be happy to have a male in case I may be able to find him a lady.

I joined this forum just because I saw this thread.

For now, I do have another Chilean rarity, Euathlus parvulus, Chilean Gold Burst. Acquired April 2021 at 1/2" or so. It has molted 3x and is now 1". Reminiscent of a Chilean copper or Rose hair, but not exactly the same.

Attachments

• 20220208_210648.jpg
    20220208_210648.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5

DustyD

1,000+ Post Club
Tarantula Club Member
They look like very beautiful spiders. I am guessing that in light of Chile's ban on exports of Ts that it has become harder to find, like the H. Chilensis. It may be a difficult species to breed too.

CAcowgirl

Yes, they're definitely harder to find since Chile closed to exportation. I'm unsure if they're difficult to breed. I'm thinking that they were just never on anyone's mind to breed as they were relatively common in the trade but they were not hot sellers.
They look like very beautiful spiders. I am guessing that in light of Chile's ban on exports of Ts that it has become harder to find, like the H. Chilensis. It may be a difficult species to breed too.