• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vittata has lost a leg ☹️

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
The metal grill is 2mm thick with 3mm holes so she should be good [emoji1303]. My only concern is if she manages to fit a leg through one of the holes and get it stuck?!...
Glass arboreal enclosures that are big enough are few and far between in the U.K. And if one is available like an exoterra one, they're a good £100+ for an adequately sized one and it will definitely cost less than that to build a custom one, im hoping around £30 but I will be going to the local glass shop soon with a design and asking how much it will be to supply the required glass, pre cut to size and all I will need to do is silicone it all together.
What size are the enclosures you're talking about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The metal grill is 2mm thick with 3mm holes so she should be good [emoji1303]. My only concern is if she manages to fit a leg through one of the holes and get it stuck?!...
Glass arboreal enclosures that are big enough are few and far between in the U.K. And if one is available like an exoterra one, they're a good £100+ for an adequately sized one and it will definitely cost less than that to build a custom one, im hoping around £30 but I will be going to the local glass shop soon with a design and asking how much it will be to supply the required glass, pre cut to size and all I will need to do is silicone it all together.
What size are the enclosures you're talking about?

Try Jakub at http://spidershop.pl/product-category/terrariums/?lang=en, He delivers by courier to the UK.
My last order from him was for 3 x 20x20x30 (same size as the ExoTerra Nano), 2 x 30x25x25, 2 bags of Beech wood chips (for snake not T), 3 Ts and a Blood Python and the courier only cost me £40.

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
Try Jakub at http://spidershop.pl/product-category/terrariums/?lang=en, He delivers by courier to the UK.
My last order from him was for 3 x 20x20x30 (same size as the ExoTerra Nano), 2 x 30x25x25, 2 bags of Beech wood chips (for snake not T), 3 Ts and a Blood Python and the courier only cost me £40.
Oh wow, I was not aware of this website and the prices are insanely cheap. I assume that's CM of course?!.
£40 to courier it all?! [emoji15]

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Oh wow, I was not aware of this website and the prices are insanely cheap. I assume that's CM of course?!.
£40 to courier it all?! [emoji15]

They are cheap but well made. In fact TSS now import and sell some of Jakub's terrariums but at much higher prices and postage is high too. Jakub will also make terrariums to your own specs.
The couriers collect from Jakub early Friday morning and deliver to your door either Saturday or Sunday but they will call you before they arrive.

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
They are cheap but well made. In fact TSS now import and sell some of Jakub's terrariums but at much higher prices and postage is high too. Jakub will also make terrariums to your own specs.
The couriers collect from Jakub early Friday morning and deliver to your door either Saturday or Sunday but they will call you before they arrive.
Did he ship your glass enclosures then because the Ts&Cs, namely 3&4 say otherwise? [emoji53]. That is a concern when ordering from abroad with live animals or glass. We know even British mail companies are hap-handed and careless with parcels so glass from another country could be tricky, along with live animals being in shipment for days.