• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Variety of Ts homemaking.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I find this so fascinating, the way different Ts adapt a simple container into their comfy home.

First are my B. smithi that can't be bothered with homemaking and are just happy to sit on the substrate or cork bark

Then we have the simple burrowers like the B. albopilosum. Their attitude is to pick a spot, dig a hole to the bottom and then tunnel.

The simple '' I'll just cover the front of my hide'' ones like the C. perezmilesi

There are some that go to a bit more trouble and web aswell as burrowing like:-

T. gigas

H. sanguiniceps

And those that go to an amazing amount of trouble, building a platform at the opening and covering all with substrate but still below it all a complex burrow like my C. schioedtei

The webbers begin with the ones that make a cocoon like the P. irminia and I. hirsutumshown here side by side

The O. diamantinensis webs profusely , it has built a platform of web just to sit on and view the world. it does have a web tunnel down the left side but only uses it to moult in.

Probably the most profuse webber that I have are the H.incei. They have both completely filled their containers with webs riddled with tunnels

If anyone has any to add, please feel free.

Last edited:

Ghost

3 Year Member
Nice idea for a thread as you said very interesting how they adapt in a container,I'll add a snap of one of my H.macs made a nice web at the back of his bark then covered it in substrate so you can't see him,you'll just have to trust me that he's in there lol....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6

Latest posts