• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Unexpected windfall!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I perused through looking at her balfouri prices for Kymura so going to their websites, Paul has 1/2" for $63 and Tanya has 3/4"-1" slings listed for $60 so pretty comparable I guess?
yeah not bad, i was just there looking at the C. pentalore/D. pentaloris, shipping is $5 more there than from Paul so it's give or take. Might have to try them and see how the service is.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I've heard nothing but good things, but alas she does not have what I search for at the moment so I am unable to try them out yet.

I hear really good communication and I've seen an unboxing of her packing and the packing is top-notch.

Ok back to telling @Kymura what to get..I say Taps haha but of course I am biased. But pentalore and balfouri would both be good additios.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
well damn you made me look, then i had to look at my bank account. Then that Add to Cart button was just right there. It's all your fault @Psyrocke :p My C. pentalore should be here tomorrow.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
well damn you made me look, then i had to look at my bank account. Then that Add to Cart button was just right there. It's all your fault @Psyrocke :p My C. pentalore should be here tomorrow.
Sorry..not sorry haha,

So, clearly, Kymura should check that vendor out too :) Might even make his budget go further!

Sorry for semi hi-jacking your thread also Kymura :(

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wait guys!! Look here! Pre ordered so far!

From a fellow forum member :)
As said...So far...
0.1 genic (3.5"),
G pulchra juvenile (looks girly not molt confirmed yet squeals!)
0.1 Hapalopus sp Columbia small (1.5")
M. balfouri (1.5")
Phrixotrichus scrofa 1/4"
Phormictopus cancerides 1.5"
GBB sling (Because....Web!)
P regalis (soon as they start eating)
Hell yeah!
Still really want some H incei and the pentalore/pentaloris (sp?)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wait guys!! Look here! Pre ordered so far!

From a fellow forum member :)
As said...So far...
0.1 genic (3.5"),
G pulchra juvenile (looks girly not molt confirmed yet squeals!)
0.1 Hapalopus sp Columbia small (1.5")
M. balfouri (1.5")
Phrixotrichus scrofa 1/4"
Phormictopus cancerides 1.5"
GBB sling (Because....Web!)
P regalis (soon as they start eating)
Hell yeah!
Still really want some H incei and the pentalore/pentaloris (sp?)
NICE!!
and that's all for under your $200 limit? very nice!

Just for comparison if you went with petcenter that list would cost you $215 and you wouldn't get the P. scrofa or P. cancerides or H. sp Columbia. I think you got a steal of a deal!! :)

I can't wait for pics!

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well plus shipping but hell! I am so excited!
I have a picture of the pulchra and the genic they sent me. Sooo gorgeous!
Just need my funds released and a break in the weather :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
you're southeast of me, the weather is moving that way and it's been a nice low/mid 80s all last week. you should get that soon ;)

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
came into a somewhat large sum of money unexpectedly, large enough that the bank is holding it till the 26th of this month.
Anyway. I can breath again now as I have Enough to pay mothers bills and get my house paperwork finished.
I am also going to treat myself to a few T's..don't want to spend more then a couple hundred ..so, I'm in the market for..
OBT (maybe. Dependant on price, they are fairly easy to get so may wait.)
Acanthoscurria geniculata because somehow I don't have one yet...
and a Grammostola pulchra
Any other must haves? Remembering of course that I don't love obligate burrowers. Attitude doesn't offend me and I'm comfortable with both old and new world.
(Have pokies coming so no pokies please)
:)
Congrats!!!
I, personally love the balfouri. Got a lil attitude when young, and grow to be beautiful

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My balfouri is ALWAYS out in the open. It webs like my OBT, and stays in the open.
I also love the P sazimai
Awesome news I seriously been wanting one for a while but thought they were reclusive. Even my shy T's hang out in the open so I'm super hopeful now :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wait...with all of this I still don't have my bedamned OBT....?!?! :confused:
if it were me i'd swap out the H. sp. Columbia small unless you can confirm female. That's full size for a male about. Get the OBT you've always wanted instead.

You can get a 1"+ OBT from Anastasia for $15 or KTBG 3/4" - $14.99, or 1" from Paul for $19, or 1.5"+ from Tanya for $21 (minimum $45 order from her though) plus shipping ;) Probably various other vendors also but these are the only ones I trust (Jamie's didn't have any listed).

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Last edited:

Latest posts