• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

TIGGER- the newest member of our family...

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Get some rope chew toys, good for the teeth and something he can chew on ;)
Oh he has toys. He has a toy tire that has a thick braided rope attached to it, a few larger raw hide bones and a porcupine stuffed animal that squeaks. He was rotten before he knew it, lol.

Marija

3 Year Member
We got him yesterday. He is 10 weeks old. 100% pure Bull Terrier. My 2 year old son absolutely loves him! Tigger has a great personality and loves to chew....EVERYTHING! Lol....hopefully he will leave my furniture out of his mouth. Anyway....thought I'd share!View attachment 18855 View attachment 18856
OMG! Congrats, I love English Bull Terriers! He is so adorable :) That face drives me nuts!
I would love to own one but the two dumb assess I own can be a little too much to handle sometimes. Prepare yourself for chewing the furniture, shoes... My male Amstaff even licked the wall one day so I had a lovely sight to come home to. By the way there was a dandelion drawn on the wall with black paint so I was stuck with black stain after he was finished with it.
I also bought them two lovely baskets to sleep in and after a week I had only one, they ate the other and left only the bottom.
I could go on and on... :D

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
OMG! Congrats, I love English Bull Terriers! He is so adorable :) That face drives me nuts!
I would love to own one but the two dumb assess I own can be a little too much to handle sometimes. Prepare yourself for chewing the furniture, shoes... My male Amstaff even licked the wall one day so I had a lovely sight to come home to. By the way there was a dandelion drawn on the wall with black paint so I was stuck with black stain after he was finished with it.
I also bought them two lovely baskets to sleep in and after a week I had only one, they ate the other and left only the bottom.
I could go on and on... :D

Oh I used to have a pitbull terrier. Her name was Hershey. She was so very smart. Bless her. She has passed now. She ate a hole through my friends leather couch trying to get to their cat!!! Lol....of course, I had to pay for it....but I still love my dog. She was the smartest, most loyal dog I've ever owned.
2012-09-04_13-58-28_785.jpg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This is my "Rusty". He is
2013-07-26_17-07-33_163.jpg
my Amstaff Terrier. They are well known for pulling thousands of pounds. Beautiful dog. :)

Marija

3 Year Member
Oh I used to have a pitbull terrier. Her name was Hershey. She was so very smart. Bless her. She has passed now. She ate a hole through my friends leather couch trying to get to their cat!!! Lol....of course, I had to pay for it....but I still love my dog. She was the smartest, most loyal dog I've ever owned. View attachment 20697
Hershey was a beautiful girl. All those "dangerous" breeds have a special place in my heart. Pitbulls are known to be very smart and loyal but do not tolerate other animals in most cases so I'm not surprised to hear she ate a hole in the couch. :D
Unfortunately mine killed the cat of a new neighbor. They got the cat as a move-in present...

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hershey was a beautiful girl. All those "dangerous" breeds have a special place in my heart. Pitbulls are known to be very smart and loyal but do not tolerate other animals in most cases so I'm not surprised to hear she ate a hole in the couch. :D
Unfortunately mine killed the cat of a new neighbor. They got the cat as a move-in present...
Thank you. Yes, she will always have a place in my heart. I'm a big fan of Pitbulls and Paroles. Tia Tores is cool as hell. It's amazing what she does for the pitbull breed. I love them all. Not in all cases, but most of the time the dogs are mean and turn on people due to abuse and neglect. Also, people that take very good care of their pitbull get turned on by their dog but that's only because that person didn't establish dominance with the dog. Pitbulls are very stubborn and an "alpha" breed. They will turn if they feel they "can". It's just a simple misunderstanding between the owner and the dog. I've been raising them since I was 19. I understand them very well. I couldn't tell you the first thing about chihuahua's or poodles, lol....but I know the "bully" breeds (so they call them) very well.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This is my "Aries" (and god of war he is!)....we were staying the night at a hotel on our way to Texas. He chewed the wallpaper off the walls in the bathroom, nearly dug completely through the door, chewed the bottom of the door, chewed the handle on a plunger, ate the roll of toilet tissue, tore the shower curtain to shreds and chewed the toilet seat. Needless to say, I had to replace everything that could be replaced (minus the toilet tissue- but i did). All in one night!!!! I couldn've killed him, lol!!
2013-03-02_16-49-35_738.jpg

Marija

3 Year Member
This is my "Aries" (and god of war he is!)....we were staying the night at a hotel on our way to Texas. He chewed the wallpaper off the walls in the bathroom, nearly dug completely through the door, chewed the bottom of the door, chewed the handle on a plunger, ate the roll of toilet tissue, tore the shower curtain to shreds and chewed the toilet seat. Needless to say, I had to replace everything that could be replaced (minus the toilet tissue- but i did). All in one night!!!! I couldn've killed him, lol!!View attachment 20699
Holy crap :D
Now I thought that my dogs are bad but this! I love my dogs a little bit more after reading this! LOL
Just look at that face :) How are you supposed to stay mad at that face?
I have a god of war too at home :D but its Ares, not Aries
10262246_955137621230092_2203794746472813365_n.jpg

Marija

3 Year Member
Thank you. Yes, she will always have a place in my heart. I'm a big fan of Pitbulls and Paroles. Tia Tores is cool as hell. It's amazing what she does for the pitbull breed. I love them all. Not in all cases, but most of the time the dogs are mean and turn on people due to abuse and neglect. Also, people that take very good care of their pitbull get turned on by their dog but that's only because that person didn't establish dominance with the dog. Pitbulls are very stubborn and an "alpha" breed. They will turn if they feel they "can". It's just a simple misunderstanding between the owner and the dog. I've been raising them since I was 19. I understand them very well. I couldn't tell you the first thing about chihuahua's or poodles, lol....but I know the "bully" breeds (so they call them) very well.
I watch Pitbulls and Paroles also :) Tia is an amazing lady
Like you said, you have to know your way with a pitbull. Amstaff is not completely the same by character but it's very close. A good friend of mine is a breeder so I learned a lot from him, also stayed in touch with a lot of people who used to breed fighting pitbulls in Croatia and Serbia. I'm highly against it but you cant stop them all from putting pitbulls in pits.
My neighbor across the street also has an Amstaff and he is so irresponsible with his dog that Police comes regularly to his dog due to complains. He walks him without a leash which is ok if you can control your dog but he cant. He just wanted to look cool so he got an Amstaff.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I watch Pitbulls and Paroles also :) Tia is an amazing lady
Like you said, you have to know your way with a pitbull. Amstaff is not completely the same by character but it's very close. A good friend of mine is a breeder so I learned a lot from him, also stayed in touch with a lot of people who used to breed fighting pitbulls in Croatia and Serbia. I'm highly against it but you cant stop them all from putting pitbulls in pits.
My neighbor across the street also has an Amstaff and he is so irresponsible with his dog that Police comes regularly to his dog due to complains. He walks him without a leash which is ok if you can control your dog but he cant. He just wanted to look cool so he got an Amstaff.

Oh yeah....Amstaff are a breed all their own. A lot of people actually mistake them for pitbulls. Tbh, I've never had a run in with an aggressive Amstaff, lol.... Well, a pure breed Amstaff anyway.... :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How did I miss this..Casey your EBT is gorgeous! I have one too :)

"If it's not an EBT, it's just a dog" :D

My brother has a pit and two boxers. I have to say, I love pits, I grew up with them, but those boxers have great personalities, I may end up getting one. Goofy, loveable dogs.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How did I miss this..Casey your EBT is gorgeous! I have one too :)

"If it's not an EBT, it's just a dog" :D

My brother has a pit and two boxers. I have to say, I love pits, I grew up with them, but those boxers have great personalities, I may end up getting one. Goofy, loveable dogs.
Yes I love pits! They are my favorite breed! :) I don't think you missed it, lol....I believe I recall you mentioning your EBT. :) Don't you just love their long kissable noses, lol???

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes I love pits! They are my favorite breed! :) I don't think you missed it, lol....I believe I recall you mentioning your EBT. :) Don't you just love their long kissable noses, lol???
Yep, Piggy is my baby :) She's a bit like a bull in a china shop..she'll slam her egg head into a door and act like it's no biggy. she constantly has little bumps and scratches on that long nose :D They use those heads like battering rams, apparently ...