• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

These P cams get amazingly stunning every molt.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Mine is not that large, but compared to when I got it its gotten 4 times the size it was, this is the second time I've seen it,
It actually built a web tube and was in the entrance in the typical hunt posture, I was like Dayuuuuuum!
(yes I fed him/her, I'm a very well trained keeper, they ask I provide)
Yea they love to completely hide in dirt web walls and tubes. My other smaller one molted twice without me seeing it, because it would drag prey in its hide, and it finally showed its full self and I was like "wow! Time for enclosure swap!" It was 3/8", now it's 1.5" in 2 months. Crazy

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
image.jpeg
I've yet to see mine since just after we got it. Been hidden in it's web tunnel and burrowed a bit under the substrate. Fed it last night and found that it has a web layer over the substrate it has covered with substrate. It's like one of those horror movies, the roach ran down near the opening ot the tunnel and we watched it get pulled under the "substrate" lol.

I'm hoping these are like most slings and hide until they're juvies?
Lol. It's like a horrific quicksand with fangs and legs.
Get used to it tho. Mine is prolly 3.5-4", and is in a nice clear amac box, with a cork bark tube halved, so it's completely open to me seeing it, but it made the death quicksand on top, and dirt webbed most of my window. Lol.
Just try n create that viewing area or u may never see it.
image.jpeg

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
I think one more molt on mine & its going to need a rehouse as well, beautiful little guys tho :D
I Kno. I was lucky to buy one without really looking into em at first and from .5" sling to now, I just can't be happier with its additude, appetite, beauty and its creative home building.
I would 100% recommend these to anyone.
I hope my other lil sling is also a sweetheart, but I can't get that lucky twice

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
View attachment 15585
Lol. It's like a horrific quicksand with fangs and legs.
Get used to it tho. Mine is prolly 3.5-4", and is in a nice clear amac box, with a cork bark tube halved, so it's completely open to me seeing it, but it made the death quicksand on top, and dirt webbed most of my window. Lol.
Just try n create that viewing area or u may never see it. View attachment 15584
Nice! I like that setup. Is that the 7" tall amac? That's what my little 1" sling is in so he should be good for a few molts

Latest posts