• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thanks for adding me!

Amandasleigh

3 Year Member
Hey Everyone!
Thanks for adding me to the forum! I LOVE tarantulas, I have a red knee that was my first one given to me as a birthday present as a spiderling, about 8 years ago, from Ken the bug guy! And a chilean rose hair that I received as a gift from a former student. I've gotten a few spiderlings from Ken the bug guy.com and those for whatever reason, I had 2 green bottle blue's that I can't keep happy for longer than 2 years.(I don't know why) didn't make it. :-( I found out that the flightless fruit flies could have been the reason that the ones I lost were because the fruit flies weren't good for tarantulas.
I'm still interested in getting others, just maybe not as small, or new to life.
Anyone have any advise on how to keep a spiderling alive and happy? I REALLY like the colorful ones.
Or any suggestions on ones that are colorful and fairly hearty?
Thanks!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome. :)
One of the downsides to this hobby is we don't always know why a sling dies, obviously some are just meant to be.
Any of the Brachypelmas are easy and pretty, Nhandu chromatus the same, if you like GBBs you could try a Dolichothele diamantinensis and then there is Davus pentaloris.

Amandasleigh

3 Year Member
Thank you!!! I am so happy to have a place to ask questions and get reasonable answers! (As you probably know, when I ask others like at pet stores or whatever) the most typical answer is get is "step on it" :(:eek::( I could NEVER! I LOVE my :T::T:

Latest posts