• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tenant for the "GBB Enclosure"...& not the GBB

LauraMI

3 Year Member
So who could pass up a $18, 4" one year-old Avic? Especially when you have a gorgeous enclosure all set up that is not good apparently for a GBB!
So I don't know what species it is, maybe a metallica. Found it in a head shop that sells reptiles too. Honestly, their animals are better cared for than most true pet stores; we sold him a pair of Uros a few months back & he likes them too much to sell...along w/ nearly half the animals there.
He buys slings from the same guys I do & raised these, but he didn't get the Latin so I don't have a clue.
Anyway...I don't care what spp is it is. Not breeding, plus, he dropped it off at our house tonight & gave it to us for $10!
I'd be a fool to pass it up, right?
Better pic soon...
Would love advice on how to care for an Avic, particularly humidity.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So who could pass up a $18, 4" one year-old Avic? Especially when you have a gorgeous enclosure all set up that is not good apparently for a GBB!
So I don't know what species it is, maybe a metallica. Found it in a head shop that sells reptiles too. Honestly, their animals are better cared for than most true pet stores; we sold him a pair of Uros a few months back & he likes them too much to sell...along w/ nearly half the animals there.
He buys slings from the same guys I do & raised these, but he didn't get the Latin so I don't have a clue.
Anyway...I don't care what spp is it is. Not breeding, plus, he dropped it off at our house tonight & gave it to us for $10!
I'd be a fool to pass it up, right?
Better pic soon...
Would love advice on how to care for an Avic, particularly humidity.
Since you have not been able to i.d. it yet, here is a general care sheet for an avic avic via Youtube:

Latest posts