• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tarantula Transportation!

Jordan Bean

3 Year Member
I am just about done exams and I'm heading home for the holidays - I live about 1.5 hours away from my parents' house. What's the best way to transfer my T? Luckily I'm getting a ride from my boyfriend (so I don't need to take the bus) but I'm worried because she molted about a week ago, and she has yet to tear down the wall she's made in front of her burrow (which I assume means she doesn't want to be disturbed). I'm going home in a week. How should I go about bringing her home?

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My son wanted to show off the boehmei over thanksgiving to his cousins. We put the enclosure in an igloo cooler with clothes around the enclosure to keep it from moving but leaving the vent holes uncovered. This trapped the warm room temp air inside until my jeep warmed up enough. Then we opened the lid a crack for fresh air. Is just over an hour drive and he did fine.