• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Superworms vs. Giant mealworms

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Does anyone have any good info on the giant mealworm? I know they are bad because chemicals are used to make regular size mealworms into giants. But i got some superworms. They are ok right? Also, The superworms have black on them and black heads. the giant mealworms do not. correct?

Can someone shine some light on this for me?

Thanks

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Make sure you crush the heads slightly on mealworms and especially superworms. Those jaws can do some serious damage to a molting or freshly molted tarantula.

spidey noob

3 Year Member
when i feed morio i just drop them in front of the Ts if they dont take them while im watching i remove them & try the next day !!!
they can do serious damage as chubbs said, (if they durrow its a nightmare to find them ;))

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah i didnt even realize that there were even giant mealworms until i started reading up on superworms. people use their names interchangeably which is what messed me up.

Latest posts