• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spider house project

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I imagine it won't be cheap? No need to go into detail about costs but if I had the money I'd defo love to have a spider house! ☺️ I'd have six bolts and padlocks to keep the rotten thieves at bay mate....
You are right, not cheap. .....lol Its my only vice though.......honest :rolleyes:

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hahaha yeah right, emoji gave your game away! Hehe Whiskey, beer or vodka? Or perhaps it's something more exotic? :D
Beer, not whiskey (had a very very bad experience with it as a teenager and cannot touch it anymore), does Swedish babysitters count as being more exotic? My tipple of choice as a student was a pint glass with half a lager then vodka, blue bols, Malibu and orange in it. Looked like a pint of fairy washing up liquid. Try it, it's awesome....mwhahaha.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Phil I'm guessing it's something you've thought of but please make sure you have a good fire alarm in there. A friend of mine lost all of her snakes that were housed in an outbuilding due to a fire.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Phil I'm guessing it's something you've thought of but please make sure you have a good fire alarm in there. A friend of mine lost all of her snakes that were housed in an outbuilding due to a fire.
Had plans for a combined alarm/security system so hopefully covered :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Haha same, can't touch whisky, hangover from hell! "Swedish babysitters"? How rude! :D I don't fancy that tipple of yours bro! Hehe
It is an acquired taste. Don't think at my stage of life I could cope with it anymore......and that includes the babysitter! Lol

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Haha I found a pic of you hunting spiders! :p lmao
POlGKj3.jpg
Ha ha......totally pmsl looking at this. I thought that photo was lost in the anals of time forever. How I miss those sandels. Nice one ☺☺☺

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
OK so this has been far toooooo long coming!!!!?....but the project is now virtually complete and spiders (103 so far) will soon be in the new spider house. Quick recap on what's been done:
Tanalised timber summer house 9ft by 7ft....done
2.5 inch double insulation around floors, walls and ceiling...done
Plaster board all round....done
External breaker, lighting and powere...done
Laminate Flooring...done
Decorating (white sandtext external paint)....done
Shelving....done
External locks....done
Insulated windows....done
Cross ventilation....this weekend hopefully.
Spiders moved in.....from April following testing of temp ranges.
Music and beer fridge will also move in at the same time to really complete my "man cave" ☺
20170331_113844.jpg
20170331_113940.jpg
20170331_113951.jpg
20170331_114005-1.jpg

Some pics of how things now looking.

Last edited:

LC72uk

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
OK so this has been far toooooo long coming!!!!?....but the project is now virtually complete and spiders (103 so far) will soon be in the new spider house. Quick recap on what's been done:
Talanised timber summer house 9ft by 7ft....done
2.5 inch double insulation around floors, walls and ceiling...done
Plaster board all round....done
Exernal breaker, lighting and powe. ...done
Flooring...done
Decorating (white sandtext external paint)....done
Shelving....done
External locks....done
Insulated windows....done
Cross ventilation....this weekend hopefully.
Spiders moved in.....from April following testing of temp ranges.
Music and beer fridge will also move in at the same time to really complete my "man cave" ☺
View attachment 23289 View attachment 23290 View attachment 23291 View attachment 23292
Some pics of how things now looking.
Looking Good!:)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looking Good!:)
Thanks Pal. I have got my mojo back now!. Looking forward to the rehousing. Will finally get my bedroom back..... (apart from 9 that will stay there in there own display area that is ha ha)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He's been playing carpenter ;) nice house, room for a laz-y boy and surround sound system ;)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks great phil, my shed is going up tomorrow whilst the weathet is looking ok lol
Nice one. Drop me a message/call if you need any tips. Just make sure the base is flat and solid and then you shoukd be ok ☺

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
He's been playing carpenter ;) nice house, room for a laz-y boy and surround sound system ;)
I am 50 this year and already tempted to turn it into an outside disco/bar for all the BBQS planned.....dont go giving me any other ideas.....lol

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Also had a good chuckle at the door locks hehe quite right!
I did it to keep my next door neighbour happy....she already thinks I am weird but I think she is worried they will gt out and eat her dog....lol. It's like a rat on a rope so I reckon my big genic would take him down. Ha ha