• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some sad news.

tarantulatom

3 Year Member
Hello, I am Tom's son John. Some of you may be wondering where he has been, and I would like to tell you as he has mentioned that he has made some friends and was in the process of some business deals here. To keep it short, my father fell down three steps at his work and hit his head. He has been in hospital ever since and he's in quite a bad way. We don't know when/if he will return.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello, I am Tom's son John. Some of you may be wondering where he has been, and I would like to tell you as he has mentioned that he has made some friends and was in the process of some business deals here. To keep it short, my father fell down three steps at his work and hit his head. He has been in hospital ever since and he's in quite a bad way. We don't know when/if he will return.
Oh no, I hope he pulls through. I'll pray for your father. Same thing happend to one of my relatives in August of last year.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you for letting us know, that must have been hard for you. My thoughts are with you and the rest of his/your family and I sincerely hope that he makes a full recovery soon.

Nunua

3 Year Member
Thank you for telling us, and sorry to hear such bad news. My thoughts are with all of you. Hopefully he'll recover well and soon.

thewildlandgirl

3 Year Member
Oh no! This is terrible. I hope he will be ok. My aunt fell down an entire flight of stairs last year and died at her retirement facility. So sad.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
We do know that dad's fall seemed to be from a sudden loss of control of his legs, or something like that. Worrying. By the way- everything I tell you is with dad's consent. He wanted to let you all know.

Well, give him our best wishes for a speedy recovery

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I wish you and your family all the best and will be praying for you.

kapotas

I'm new here, i didn't have the opportunity to chat with him about our mutual hobby. so, i hope next time i hear from your father himself! :)

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Terrible news, I was dreading reading the end of that message once I started, but while it doesn't seem like it now it could have been worse.
We have noticed his absence, tell him he has been missed. It's touching that he thought to let us know the situation.
Best wishes to him, and of course the rest of your family and friends, please keep us updated as you can.

tarantulatom

3 Year Member
Thank you all once again for the lovely messages. We haven't been allowed to see him so I don't know what's going on- last time we saw him he was just about able to speak so that's good. It feels odd being in his office, surrounded by spiders. I was never allowed in here alone as a child...

kapotas

Not being able to see him ,has sometimes to do more with not spreading microbes in the ICU( or other departments too) depending on the immune system of the patient or the ones next to them. all i want to say is have faith, i'm sure you'll see him when the situation allows that!

Latest posts