• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

small T's?

etta

3 Year Member
Are there any t's out there that don't grow to be really big? I'm looking for something smaller, maybe around 3"-4" when fully grown. Any ideas? Thanks. :)

Kiiarah

3 Year Member
I don't know much about temperament or ease of care but check out the Cyriocosmus elegans. Absolutely stunning animal and a very small species. The common name is Trinidad dwarf tiger. There are a few different dwarf species, so someone else should be able to make other recommendations. =)

etta

3 Year Member
I don't know much about temperament or ease of care but check out the Cyriocosmus elegans. Absolutely stunning animal and a very small species. The common name is Trinidad dwarf tiger. There are a few different dwarf species, so someone else should be able to make other recommendations. =)
Thank you so much!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
These are all classed as dwarf tarantulas, not growing more than 2" DLS:-

Ami sp Panama
Cyriocosmus bertae
Cyriocosmus elegans
Cyriocosmus perezmilesi
Hapalopus sp Colombia klein
Heterothele gabonensis (this one is only 1.5" DLS as an adult)
Holothele incei gold
Holothele sanguiniceps
Kochiana brunnipes
Paraphysa sp. "Tiger"
Phlogiellus sp. baeri

I might add that these are just the ones I have but there are more.

Fleas

3 Year Member
I would recommend a p scrofa and a sp red a have both and they are lovely and they really easy to take care for

newtots

3 Year Member
i love the euathlus sp.... they're amazingly friendly and only get to 4" i got mine from tarantula canada

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Once you have some experience with the smaller T's, don't forget their cousins the True and Primitive spiders. All different sized, shapes and colors. But I would recommend them only for the experienced keeper.

Fleas

3 Year Member
There a few true spiders that I would love to have I don't know there science name but there called six eye sand spider a southern black widow and I seen the coolest one the other day it was all black an red look gorgeous

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I happen to have both of those species ;). They are gorgeous but DEFINITELY not for beginners. The six-eyed sand is one of the most venomous spiders in the world. The widows are not too far behind them. Wolves are a good starter as they behave like T's. Or an orb weaver if you have more room.

etta

3 Year Member
i love the euathlus sp.... they're amazingly friendly and only get to 4" i got mine from tarantula canada
I've been researching the Euathlus sp. and I think this might be my next T. Thank you so much for the recommendation. :)

Latest posts