• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sling enclosures

Jennifer Duncan

3 Year Member
So here are my containers for the two slings that are coming tomorrow. I bought some balsa wood material at the craft store and was thinking about making a hole in the top of and making a cork of the balsa wood. I'm nervous about removing the entire lid to feed. I'm wondering if this would be escape proof or isf anyone has tried this?

Jennifer Duncan

3 Year Member
uploadfromtaptalk1438127573453.jpg

AceTRetreat

3 Year Member
That looks like a 32 ounce deli container ... without knowing what kind of slings you are getting I would say it would be most secure with the standard lid not altered in any way. I have used them and not lost anyone or had anyone escape while tending to them. Then again .... most of my slings in this size containers are for me burrowing or just move into their hide. Hope this helps you!

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Lol! I know that feeling all too well. [emoji4]
Its the main reason I use these for arboreal slings. These are 4"X7-1/2" and serves as home until they are about 2-1/2" to 3" in size. Easy to make and does minimal, if any, web damage.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1438273327208.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1438273327208.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts