Forums
New posts
Search forums
What's new
New posts
New media
New articles
New media comments
New article comments
New profile posts
Latest activity
Articles
New articles
New comments
Search articles
Media
New media
New comments
Search media
Members
Current visitors
New profile posts
Search profile posts
Log in
Register
What's new
Search
Search
Search titles only
By:
New posts
Search forums
Menu
Log in
Register
Navigation
Install the app
Install
More options
Dark Theme
Contact us
Close Menu
Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts.
Sign up today!
Forums
Tarantula Forum Topics
What sex is my Tarantula?
Sexing by molt
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="dryinidae1" data-source="post: 242998" data-attributes="member: 51201"><p>Many on Arachnoboard questioned my first choice when I introduced myself there, but I really have a well thought out plan. I was hoping to beat the odds and end up with a female( I read 70% +/- of slings are male and it makes sense given their life cycles). As luck would have it, I did(kudos to “Fear Not Tarantulas“)!! I just bought two more slings of the same spp. How unbelievably unlucky could I be now to get two more females!! Just got a 18X12X12 tall enclosure for my female and am currently looking for a piece of wood with a hollow about 12” off the ground. Despite everything I have ever heard or read of this spp being photosensitive, mine is not and since it’s last molt and rehousing it is out of its tunnel most all day and night chilling on a log. Does have a f… you attitude though!! I figure a year or so raising the next slings and attempting a pairing when one matures. I will never have more than a couple of them and will probably always be Old World. I’m leaning large arboreal again. I have enough issues with itchy eyes and skin rashes that periodically flair up. F… the urticating hairs. Image from about 9/20 just after the fourth molt. Saturation was slightly adjusted to bring out the purple as this was the first time I actually saw color on it.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="dryinidae1, post: 242998, member: 51201"] Many on Arachnoboard questioned my first choice when I introduced myself there, but I really have a well thought out plan. I was hoping to beat the odds and end up with a female( I read 70% +/- of slings are male and it makes sense given their life cycles). As luck would have it, I did(kudos to “Fear Not Tarantulas“)!! I just bought two more slings of the same spp. How unbelievably unlucky could I be now to get two more females!! Just got a 18X12X12 tall enclosure for my female and am currently looking for a piece of wood with a hollow about 12” off the ground. Despite everything I have ever heard or read of this spp being photosensitive, mine is not and since it’s last molt and rehousing it is out of its tunnel most all day and night chilling on a log. Does have a f… you attitude though!! I figure a year or so raising the next slings and attempting a pairing when one matures. I will never have more than a couple of them and will probably always be Old World. I’m leaning large arboreal again. I have enough issues with itchy eyes and skin rashes that periodically flair up. F… the urticating hairs. Image from about 9/20 just after the fourth molt. Saturation was slightly adjusted to bring out the purple as this was the first time I actually saw color on it. [/QUOTE]
Verification
Post reply
Forums
Tarantula Forum Topics
What sex is my Tarantula?
Sexing by molt
Top