• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Semi arboreal Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

Are you interested in seeing the life of a Gbb as a semi Arboreal?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm curious If people in this forum would be acceptive to a documentary I've been working on for over a year now. Its an ongoing series of videos since shes only 4.5" now. The reason I'm asking is I've been tore to shreds in other forums over this subject. Would anybody be interested to see what this species can do???

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
I'm curious If people in this forum would be acceptive to a documentary I've been working on for over a year now. Its an ongoing series of videos since shes only 4.5" now. The reason I'm asking is I've been tore to shreds in other forums over this subject. Would anybody be interested to see what this species can do???
Yes!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That would be awesome. YouTube is your friend and the GBB is well known within the hobby.

Since not everyone can own everything, videos are an excellent way to learn about them.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
For sure! It is pretty widely accepted that they have plenty of vertical tendencies. I give mine a big hill with plenty of glass and they seem to split their time on the ground and in the air. Looking forward to seeing it!

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sounds like I am on the other side of the table, I wouldn't be willing to risk it.

KezyGLA

3 Year Member
I have shared info Nd pictures on forums and fb showing that out of several of my AF C. cyaneopubescens, set up with the means to be terrestrial or semi-arboreal, most showed many arboreal tendencies. Some even webbed and stayed completely off of the ground.

Even when showing evidence of this people just dont want to hear it as they can adapt to either situation, as with P. murinus. There is another species that is pretty much arboreal depending on locale.

I for one am interested to see what you have to show. I dont know why some folks find it such a touchy subject. They are found in hollowed trees and crevices above ground in situ. :confused:

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I just got a new computer so I'm complying pics and videos right now. She's due to molt soon and I kinda wanted to include another rehouse to the video as well. It might not happen yet...we'll see. It's going to definitely be a on going video series for her entire life. She's not terrestrial at all...;)

Latest posts