• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Seemanni questions

xSeed

Hey just wanted to know everyones personal experience with aphonopelma seemanni? Are they out in the open often, or hiding? Are they skittish or tame?

I've owned two. My current one is out in the open decently often at nighttime moving dirt out from her series of tunnels, but during the day she hides out and I don't see her unless she's in the one by the glass. I would not call mine tame, but she rarely kicks hair or threat displays. Her one threat display was at a dubia roach lol. But she is likely to bolt and hide.

My male I had 10 years ago was very docile, now to where I'd have felt comfortable handling him because he was still relatively easy to startle, but to the point he didn't care when I'd mess with his water dish or anything with him in there without fear of him bolting or kicking hairs. He was also out pretty much all the time up until his death.

xSeed

I've owned two. My current one is out in the open decently often at nighttime moving dirt out from her series of tunnels, but during the day she hides out and I don't see her unless she's in the one by the glass. I would not call mine tame, but she rarely kicks hair or threat displays. Her one threat display was at a dubia roach lol. But she is likely to bolt and hide.

My male I had 10 years ago was very docile, now to where I'd have felt comfortable handling him because he was still relatively easy to startle, but to the point he didn't care when I'd mess with his water dish or anything with him in there without fear of him bolting or kicking hairs. He was also out pretty much all the time up until his death.
Ah that's really nice to hear. Might add one eventually.

smallbike

3 Year Member

Lol my seemanni has also only kicked hairs at her food. She’s more of an out in the open type, I think since she has a hide she’s just too lazy to make tunnels.

Compared to my other two (H. chilensis and C. versicolor), she’s by far the derpiest

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Mine have always be out except during premolt.
20210127_151040.jpg
20210127_151117.jpg

Latest posts