• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

sad

newtots

3 Year Member
So I'm pretty sure that lasiodora parahybana is no longer with me. .I've been checking on it all week but saw no sign of it. So I gently looked around the container but turned up no sign of it...the container was sealed other than my giving it water and checking in so i doubt it could escape from the container. So im not sure what to make of it.My curly hair that went to my friend passed away so he now has my other lp...so now my euathlus sp red is all i have until the weather clears and my order for another 6 can be shipped....so sad :(

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What size is the specimen? I had two that used to bury themselves during premolt as slings. If there was nowhere for it to escape, could it still be in there?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I thought I'd lost a couple of tiny slings a while back but I gently emptied their containers into a larger tub and brushed the substrate around and found them. One of my LPs spent all its time at the bottom of the substrate so don't give up hope yet.

newtots

3 Year Member
3/4 inch... i'm almost 100% positive that it's not in the container. i very gently emptied the container along with my prepared containers(anticipating the new arrivals) just in case i maybe mislabeled the container and spent 30 minutes gently combing the substrate and still found nothing. i don't know if it's possible that maybe it died and dried out but you would think i would find some evidence of it. .. i really have no idea. i sealed all the containers again just in case by the off chance i over looked it, but honestly it was pretty moody and wouldn't have tolerated my combing the substrate if it was alive and well.

newtots

3 Year Member
If by the off chance that it did escape would it be able to survive my cold basement? ?? It's on average only 50 degrees Fahrenheit (not sure what the Celsius conversion is) ...I sleep with 4 thick blankets and am still cold

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What type of enclosure do you have? Do you think it is even possible the T escaped?

newtots

3 Year Member
Personally I don't believe it would haveeescaped because i only opened the lid to give it water and then closed the lid and was watching the whole time. It was in a deli container because its still a sling

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hmmmm. It would take weeks/months for a dead T to dry up completely and become part of the soil. Gotta be in there still. I would continue to maintain the humidity and throw some food in there. If the cricket disappears in a few days, you will know.

Latest posts