• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Roaches, Isopods, Beetles & More!

Hisserdude

3 Year Member
Here are the species that I currently have for sale, please read all of the Terms & Conditions before ordering! Minimum $30 order!

****roaches:

Aglaopteryx gemma "Key Largo, FL" (Little Gem Roach)
This small but beautiful Ectobiid hails from the southeastern US, and has eluded culture for quite some time. Thankfully they've actually proven rather easy to breed, and enjoy humid and warm conditions, with good airflow. All life stages climb well, but thankfully adults of neither sex can fly.
8 Mixed Nymphs: $30 + shipping (Ask for Availability)

AVvXsEjL34i0wOBMpG6LqQE56zCIsuYVOUI09AEEv2SRC0ZtbGygKstLggLksLV7QokQTfK_u_-Qk__EEcaTOwX4tyuSQuGITcUh9QrXzvPAd1RHrHDgz2GC_RkFnAP5Y7hRlgiOX51vq1vW3Hz0CJUn1YP1-MoPkYXo5HkijELyIScBVGuEwP9wDWcYvy3n=s320

Arenivaga bolliana "Del Rio, TX" (Dark Form) (Boll's Dark Sand Roach)
A rare color form of an already rarely cultured species, adult males of this form sport dark grey/black wings with slight tan speckling, and females are black with reddish abdomens. One of the easier to culture Arenivaga IMO.
(Caresheet)
8 Small nymphs: $30 + shipping

A.bollianaDelRioFemale%252310.JPG
Adult female
ArenivagabollianaDarkFormAdult%252310.JPG
Adult male

Compsodes schwarzi (Schwarz's Hooded Roach)
Second smallest roach in the hobby, prolific and a great micro-feeder!
(Caresheet)
12 Mixed: $20 + shipping
25 Mixed: $35 + shipping
50 Mixed: $60 + shipping
100 Mixed: $100 + shipping

Compsodesschwarzi%252318.JPG
Adult female
Compsodes2020%25234.JPG
Adult male

Dipteretrum hanstroemi (Hanström's Little Runners)
A very underrated African Ectobiid that breeds rather prolifically in warm, dry, well ventilated conditions. They can be prone to bent/shortened antennae issues if humidity is too high. They have some feeder potential, though all life stages climb well.
10 Small nymphs: $25 + shipping

AVvXsEh8ZTeCFoD7z8pFq3eAtDcvAq7FERspPMk6wFRwNfU_oJ_RTiRFxqGcQenH1Pcj_yNBSndgZ5_QeqvfgoIcPKC6q1lM3dbgrClwRA9z7CraTUCTEFAOPIIx-I1awRxDRZIll4fQvKjcG89a2WAKUD-YApvrx7DPKuNH4Q4q46ui6KMGwhj2-ZqoPP4B=s320
Adult pair (Female L, male R)

Drymaplaneta semivittata (Gisborne Roach)
This Australian native has become quite invasive in New Zealand, which is where all captive stock of this species comes from. These need very dry conditions and will drop dead if the air humidity gets too high. Other than that, their care is very simple.
(Caresheet)
8 Small nymphs: $50 + shipping *RARE*

AVvXsEgG5Mo94Z8u5RUKPKB_mRMNpwyu0ehSeWgK5We6LSy09OzxRHqNQYZGP_KamhdfucBZVRjlQTBpK9qc1ita-dLliViOeryL5-vkYS-JASypVrAgLIl34QJXhwnMUFNK3oJs2HnQRRbEoOqshZjgOk2EUHOMrN8Ky_qPpe_GnIe9ZbqBGTRFVHLtd0L5=s320

Euthlastoblatta diaphana (Transparent Belle Roach)
This small species is new to US culture, but has been in the hobby overseas for quite some time. They do well kept humid but well ventilated, and are rather prolific. Their large nymphs are among the prettiest Ectobiids I've kept.
8 Small nymphs: $25 + shipping (Ask for Availability)

AVvXsEixFtaNuekmSzj9HqyqYXcZ46VfpfPm-FnyPbG6DqWWfODp83tXLXWW4U8PeeYbDe0D-SHF3QzXvKJgU0dFL7E-ONlDZVvBJ2aRq7pfcSiVqFu1VHd9MpQhiPamXnU2A_UuhnzyVtP3BDcp2uYEb9cV6UcNjJ5NUDL6Ppi_hqJwh0hWMX8bm1KEYW8r=s320
Large nymph
AVvXsEjwtWVOaWuTnzXeSJbhOkYC3hPCnSgnIGbDuXCDnDwFD22nNPhuJ_IU01hHR4UF4qYtf8__H1w3c_RaNlelDTcjyZobRbD9ROeXs5ty2HT-IpamfxQUTr7zOU22K8Pein2iMTHWz7HABWYqwUwhdyyB6r5A8a1hWFPo2WlJEZBTJijfNwOcA4B-lkwO=w320-h226
Adult female

Hemithyrsocera palliata (Pallid Sun Roach)
Diurnal, prolific and a great display species and/or feeder for arboreal predators!
(Caresheet)
10 Mixed: $35 + shipping
20 Mixed: $55 + shipping
50 Mixed: $100 + shipping

Hemithyrsocerapalliata%252327.JPG

Nocticola sp. "Malaysia" (Malaysian Micro-roach)
Smallest roach in the hobby, parthenogenetic, could make for a good occasional micro-feeder, or cleaner crew addition in bioactive setups.
(Caresheet)
10 Mixed: $20 + shipping (Ask for Availability)

NocticolaMalaysia%25231.JPG

Paranauphoeta lyrata (Lyrate Assassin Mimic)

These assassin bug mimics are one of the hardiest in this genus, and do well in warm, humid conditions. They are more tolerant of filth and crowding than their relatives, though it's recommended not to let either get out of hand for too long. Fruits are their favorite food, but they'll still eat dog food and the like.
10 Mixed nymphs: $35 + shipping

AVvXsEj4Ufs8J0I199yBugHUUmwBgwTK4c0QVkhm1FE6wGMcPNaB6aaH8tGTZjRftTNkiWp7l3NP1YXoRzPbLbXwAjPtwk5QWBXset8bStCtLWPW-EsYhkCIp64P70T9Sf1HMBnhXmfGvarqg75Kerxxc7tQn8H68WV35jGg0dpD2nIHRykiZRuN0iLOO8Mp=w320-h163
Nymph
AVvXsEinDGrvJJASddTk4LlQLS5I0aQAKJyAq1iuu8WlQuiJ0Na4wuLDfqHL1m7-4pPaIfwBSp0VA4rvEbm0F8opCkRrsqsp2uDvHU6KzHVO1-vfGkQaR0VQQ8FU0gpHBw7am2bgmWLja22ecapfKHFYv8ENVrXEPcDcxnx0SgnucbaA5hUYccClyo3VfRmq=s320
Adult

Parcoblatta americana "Table Rock, Boise - ID" (American Wood Roach)
US native, can take a while to get cultures established, but makes for a good occasional feeder that breeds at room temps, and won't infest your house!
(Caresheet)
10 Mixed nymphs: $20 + shipping (Temporarily Sold Out)

Parcoblattaamericana%252354.JPG
Adult female
Parcoblattaamericana%252362.JPG
Adult male

Princisia vanwaerebeki "Big/Black" (Vibrant Hisser)
The most basic form of this species in cultivation, with most adults sporting black base coloration, with orange/yellowish abdominal margins. This particular stock throws out a decent number of completely black adults, which is unusual for pure stock of this species, but all males have the characteristic notch on the anterior margins of their pronotums, while hybrid lines normally have variable pronotum shapes.
5 Small/Medium Adult Males: $25 + shipping
*Purity Uncertain*

PrincisiaBigMale2%25233.JPG
Normal colored male
PrincisiaBigMale3%25235.JPG
Solid black male
Princisiavanwaerebeki%252357.JPG
Normal colored females

Pycnoscelus surinamensis "Dark" (Dark Surinam Roaches)
A dark strain of Surinam roaches that were accidentally being traded as P.nigra (Shadow Roaches). The adults in this culture range from dark brown to black. Care is the same as other surinamensis.
10 Mixed: $15 + shipping

AVvXsEhcttSJr91r9zM15Oqca83-UpTb4VOVUbGpbUChwUd8K9brosxArgbUqQLBg-vJ6lTRN9LVJtfTQnyZ5LhVhS8lrlZeE6-P7Imlpr641Y03Da649zf4u1BkInDvg84jgBS-sbryfb-UYY2SSaEpkEQZ5TnsTu6Fc0HH7RB9aNJlOQlf-X9MjxsTa14a=s320

Beetles:

Apsena sp. "Kuna"
(Micro Goblin Darklings)
A small but prolific species, with a dark red and blue color palate. This species breeds well but requires a very mild diapause for yearly production. Good species to cohabitate with larger Teneb species in mixed tanks.
(Caresheet)
10 Mixed larvae: $15 + shipping

AVvXsEiE7PSHmzTtA-lUwp7IwNIMSSqEVPtNvjFDzV1dOrb1XPWvAtWxlGrCWAWBZdjFy09UBn4p3Li9nemx9omrmOWGJh3i72bZgcW6ZwGg8TVN2h8Ch6yJ5zmjnKoI5pvIejNOu1a_htsItr_UPKkACL0dNtedIE7wS15Md0pEG7CVSGjcpzuLEAIqqCH1=s320

Blapstinus sp. "Kuna, ID" (Grey Sidewalk Darkling)
A small, slightly hairy species of darkling beetle. Somewhat easy to rear, cultures need a winter dormant period in the mid 60s for good yearly reproduction.
(Caresheet)
8 Mixed: $12 + shipping

BlapstinusKunaField%25231.JPG

Conibius cf. seriatus (Red & Blue Micro-Darkling)
Cute, easy to rear species of desert darkling, very fast growing, potential use as a feeder. Cultures need a winter dormant period in the mid 60s for good yearly reproduction.
(Caresheet)
8 Mixed: $15 + shipping

Conibiuscfseriatus2021%25234.JPG

Orthopterans:

*LAG for all Camel Crickets only if local temps 77F° or below*

Ceuthophilus agassizii "Kuna, ID"
(Scrubland Camel Cricket)
A ground dwelling camel cricket species, that is fairly easy to breed, but likes having lots of surface area and a clean substrate.
(Caresheet)
8 Small nymphs: $30 + shipping (Ask for Availability)

C.agassizii%252325.JPG

Isopods:

*LAG for all Isopods only if local temps 77F° or below*

Armadillidium klugii (Clown Roly-poly)
This is a "hobby line" that appears to be a mix of the "Montenegro" and "Dubrovnik" localities, such mixes are common and are unfortunately often mislabeled as being pure locales of one or the other. Prefers a good humidity gradient, and high ventilation.
10 Small individuals: $12 + shipping

AVvXsEhIqEdanrJ-mvHGM5B8_0Ki8sVe_6lsQkWDre7AUl4iOThTBMFaS_z7ISoWc076X_r1xjaQcCWGPIftE4PEZaos8eDIt8SBg840nHDDBcndOPiAcWifHOgot_bxaikVP_ClUi9PMmgoL-7OP66uyEQ7V79uVtSh2vubzSED1sxpHsfYLqrJK16myTJe=s320

Armadillidium gestroi (Gestro’s Roly-poly)
A giant among Armadillidium, and beautiful to boot! These are easy to breed and handle a variety of humidity levels but seem to prefer fairly humid conditions, and high ventilation levels.
10 Small individuals: $25 + shipping

AVvXsEj6808jhdPK8ElbBOReF1N1LvJNOysOsb5r9axYeXiCDL56vNd7WvQDNXrgOdye3bgCFtxfVy-CaB3wtHpBDEP2KqMEfH4-QQL3VJMtd2oK7qg-XnsThq2EcHPYQ9Uo-cky1XKXMX2krzmEWW6jcNS5kU2q27zZhsreXzUpMB7QbCG4Ci9FfI5EUxiR=s320

Cubaris sp. "Panda King" (Panda King Isopod)
A very prolific and easy to breed Cubaris that tolerates a wide level of ventilation and temperature ranges.
8 Small individuals: $35 + shipping (Ask for Availability)

AVvXsEirOP8gnVIywgLNaLztAuW21i1AVk8yMpgt5VV_BnfOu6RttMb3YUOVaDzx7N9hWFTkGC8JUYieOVuC2XY2nf0T8hPd7nG5x3-aNZmBmae7-JL3kUUItCbrZneeZgmfZXW_nh9Wl3kFb1rueWIHcVk2sfwxLwPCG02CsQ2siZl3ewP8ycYLxuhUhmRg=s320

Nesodillo arcangelii "Shiro Utsuri" (Shiro Utsuri Isopod)
This beautiful strain of N.arcangelii appears to represent the "Dalmatian" type mutation for this species, though as far as I'm aware this is how they looked as soon as they entered culture, and may have been collected from an area where the "Dalmatian" mutation is dominant in the wild. The name "Shiro Utsuri" is a reference to a black and white Koi fish morph. Keep this species humid and moderately to well ventilated, and they'll thrive.
8 Mixed: $90 + shipping

AVvXsEgV5DFU_ghjST7aEtYbRVWgRrgZAgbA42_K_I33yv4Cu6XLJYd1lpzBjQ1K9Ol-hDlqsD7CNJg26oUlovx215NNK5lpg9PLWFbu6EndLrTGnv0bEzkM1vt7sJNTLRhaRKp0lbV7Nh39C1rFXC-WJ6RM5X7vMEveMA7x4uTgSnXgpitYmY7G7pGXQwI3=s320

Philoscia muscorum (Fast Woodlouse)
A small, fast and ornately patterned species primarily found in very moist areas. Isn't a huge fan of high heat, but can tolerate warmth if kept very humid. Rare for CB individuals to be available!
8 Mixed: $15 + shipping (Ask for Availability)

Philosciamuscorum%232.JPG

Trichorhina tomentosa (Dwarf White Isopod)
Perhaps the most common and well known isopod in culture. Can make decent feeders for tiny predators, and are often used as cleaner crews or additives to bioactive setups (though personally I'm opposed to their use for either of those). Parthenogenetic, and breeds best when humidity is high.
12+ Mixed: $5 + shipping

AVvXsEjV74i_u3QbpMs0GkFb3Rh4AtHEZ5qjAWfk73BcuXAv-ukRbc-qf6X4dlncoQEfOEMchmxpoweXeKe4Jv0UKfHrsmgYHJwc7IHPbOQyXLINa10qe4rMP-bZyx-cxommPHi_Br57qjkFs08SZ3lre6Rb94zVBMs8HoFt0rxY8Bq850ul4L2EtyyDFPQD=s320

Springtails & Mites:

Entomobrya unostrigata (Cotton Springtail) *Dry Hardy*

Super prolific, dry hardy springtail. Not commonly offered.
20+ Mixed: $5 + shipping
50+ Mixed: $10 + shipping
100+ Mixed: $15 + shipping

Entomobrya%25231.JPG

Lepidocyrtus sp. "Small Silver" (Small Silver Springtails)
The most common springtail in culture, hard to find someone who doesn't have these in their collection already. They do well with most inverts I've worked with, never seem to stress any species out.

SmallSilvers%25231.JPG

"Sinella curviseta" (Tropical Pink Springtail)
Very prolific species that can handle a wide range of conditions, but does best in consistently humid setups.
50+ Mixed: $10 + shipping

Sinellacurviseta%25231.JPG

cf. Willowsia sp. "Kota Kinabalu" (Malaysian Silver Springtails)
An unidentified species from Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, brand new to US culture! Very similar to Willowsia buski, but larger (almost Entomobrya sized), and a paler silver color. Seems to prefer humid enclosures, and is rather prolific.
10+ Mixed: $10 + shipping

AVvXsEhyV6qOly7HCisQ2xr6ucTcC8ZqhjQGtI0n5pRq_CBI_ttufMHo5bO3hyX9-cq2BOKmnXJtAs-MNbwyJkVCR7ZFuyUtwE4HfnlNOPNdF0mGeVtGlZ6N6plIDtk_Hxlq1UID99iXio_K2B6QtnHGOwco-jg4VTXPwNxdUb-nxLmgyeaycU9Ezy2WOglH=s320
AVvXsEjD2hSLze60VrvGw9hxWY37KNeVtgGM-IV_HJkzmjYwJBOBFrERunWwMDkihD3ZikcFMrInKx0a4MlUu6A3LQlVB8LYXjnfdyX4p44r8r2BvEB4Dtu9TkbA0UBbXO_MpMYEXNjyzI5uFU4MT3ojZ1crnE59lWAUtoSsp7hyVc6y-ue3fneGP0KhzU9B=s320

Oribatida sp. "Red" (Red Oribatid Mite)
These mites are good for really only one thing... outcompeting grain mites. They have the same ecological niche, however unlike grain mites they rarely attach to insects in a hypopus stage (I have seen them do it, but very rarely). They're a lesser evil if you will, an O.K alternative to grain mites if you have a lot of grain mite issues.

AVvXsEgZKHJ3vTdvBxvj8YPdPtb3OeQrrTUbjCcxRXQocRkopaMr-p95-hdSgLtELHVAzLEtrPycfqUCCXZCyjtzuhx3tw9uN5cvLlNZT92TiErwmC2bmV1VabcbuKZwjMZzgfDsDNPN776s2q0nL_Dr_Wb6a_WKsIrwfQlElqfFufYQQhnQ7OZsQReTkZyY=s320

Stratiolaelaps scimitus *ex Hypoaspis miles* (Predatory Mite)
Great fungus gnat control, and they also feed on grain mites, certain springtails, and nematodes.
15+ Mixed: $8 + shipping (Ask for Availability)

PredatoryMites%25233.JPG

Desert Predatory Mites (Acari sp. "Idaho")
An unknown species of predatory mite that I think I picked up accidentally on leaf litter or something here in Idaho... They seem very well adapted to drier climates and thrive in my darkling beetle enclosures, where they mostly seem to feed on grain mites and sometimes springtails as well. Similar to the above S.scimitus, but faster, glossier and not hairy at all.
15+ Mixed: $8 + shipping (Ask for availability)

Terms & Conditions:

Minimum order $30 not including shipping.
Will not ship roaches to FL other than Compsodes schwarzi. Paypal only. I almost always ship domestically via USPS Priority Mail, shipping via normal priority usually costs $15 to $18 depending on the order size. Priority Express costs $50-$60, and is not guaranteed to arrive overnight due to the rural area I live in (two days is more typical), so it's often redundant unless normal priority is experiencing delays. Heat packs, if needed, will cost an extra $5 per pack.

I ship out on Mondays/Tuesdays for all payments and mailing addresses received by Sunday evening. (So if you place an order on Monday, it will not be shipped out until Tuesday of the FOLLOWING week).

Due to negative experiences with USPS wildly mishandling packages that are held for pickup, we suggest against asking for packages to be marked HOLD FOR PICKUP, unless you know your post offices handles these types of packages with little issue. Otherwise, if your temps are too extreme, or you won't be able to accept delivery at home, or if you have some other reason for not being able to have the invertebrates shipped to your door, then I strongly advise you don't order.

I am not responsible for any deaths due to mishandling, acts of God and extreme temperatures. If your local temperatures are in the 90's or above or the 40's and below, (and you do not include a heat pack in your order for the latter), order at your own risk! Isopods/Camel crickets in particular are VERY sensitive to high temperatures, ordering them when your local temps are in the 80s or above may be a death sentence. ****roaches and some beetles are more flexible when it comes to hot conditions, so if the temperatures in your area are in the 90s or above, we can discus a LAG agreement for certain, heat hardy species.

If, for some reason the invertebrates arrive dead, and they were shipped during weather I suggested should be fine, please send a photo of the dead invertebrates in question within 24 HOURS of arrival, and we can work on a replacement shipment or partial refund. If no proof in the form of a photo or a video is supplied, I will not take any responsibility for DOAs.

PM me to order, or if you have any questions at: [email protected].