• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

remodeling tarantula forum

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
1. make the for sale section and off topic chat subforums viewable to members only.

2. Set a minimum number of posts for one to be able to post in the for sale section, i would think that would be a good way to attempt clearing out those who may not have honest sales in mind.

Those are some of the suggestions i have.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
As we are all members what difference would that make?
The visitors who are not members of this forum, may not have the goal of buying a tarantula or 3, they might have more negative intentions. As for the off topic section, with it being in public view, that would limit the types of threads for some, i'm pretty sure some would like to add to let's say a eocial media thread, but don't want the general public to know how to find them. For example, i've been thinking of posting an instagram thread for the longest time, but when it comes to cautious people like myself, having a thread like that for the world outside of TF to see is a little uncomfortable.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Sorry, I hadn't realised that visitors could post on threads or use private messaging.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry, I hadn't realised that visitors could post on threads or use private messaging.
I don't think they can do that, but they are able to see contact information of members if posted in threads, or if their profile page is made public in settings.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What, exactly, are people afraid of, online? Psychos? Criminals? Full transparency hurts nobody and nothing. Unless you have something to hide. I've posted my home adress on this forum, several times, I think. Of course, im not exactly a "soft target"..rofl..but what exactly are people afraid of? You'd be better off fearing the guy next to you at the grocery store..

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What, exactly, are people afraid of, online? Psychos? Criminals? Full transparency hurts nobody and nothing. Unless you have something to hide. I've posted my home adress on this forum, several times, I think. Of course, im not exactly a "soft target"..rofl..but what exactly are people afraid of? You'd be better off fearing the guy next to you at the grocery store..
It is strictly paranoia

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Clowns....they are all afraid of Clowns!!!!
giphy.gif

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just to illuminate the subject, my name is Waylon White, I live at 120 Hidden Ln., in Jourdanton TX, 78026. I have horses and dogs and spiders and a gorgeous lizard, and a motorcycle. And firearms and experience using them. Anyone looking for trouble that comes to my home will find it, and quickly. At any time of the day. Any online cunts that try something with my money will have a difficult, ultimately fruitless time trying to get it. Its been tried. My paypal account was tried, and my bank account too. It went nowhere. They got nothing, except police looking for them. There is protection available for that kind of stuff. Paranoia and fear profit a man nothing.