• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pre-killing Crickets?

Charlie.the.gbb.

Hello. I have been feeding my GBB pre-filled meal worms for a while now and he always happily takes it. Ive decided to switch to crickets and I gave him a pre-filled one and ate it fine as well. I just got a B. Klassi and I'm not sure if I should continue to pre-kill or offer live. I'm just so used to pre-killing and I also don't have to worry about the cricket hurting my T as that is a big fear of mine. But does anyone pre-kill them for adults or is it just me? They're still young adults as well. My GBB is about 2 years old and Im not sure the age of my Klassi but he is approx. the same size as my GBB. I find that my GBB gets very nervous of any movement and I have even frightened him dropping in his worm, so I find by pre-killing he doesn't get as frightened so I don't know, I feel like I'd like to keep pre-killing. But I'd obviously like to do what is best for them and get any advice.

Thanks,

Jessica

Charlie.the.gbb.

Hello. I have been feeding my GBB pre-filled meal worms for a while now and he always happily takes it. Ive decided to switch to crickets and I gave him a pre-filled one and ate it fine as well. I just got a B. Klassi and I'm not sure if I should continue to pre-kill or offer live. I'm just so used to pre-killing and I also don't have to worry about the cricket hurting my T as that is a big fear of mine. But does anyone pre-kill them for adults or is it just me? They're still young adults as well. My GBB is about 2 years old and Im not sure the age of my Klassi but he is approx. the same size as my GBB. I find that my GBB gets very nervous of any movement and I have even frightened him dropping in his worm, so I find by pre-killing he doesn't get as frightened so I don't know, I feel like I'd like to keep pre-killing. But I'd obviously like to do what is best for them and get any advice.

Thanks,

Jessica
"Damn autocorrect. I mean pre-killed not pre-filled!"

Mudring76

"Damn autocorrect. I mean pre-killed not pre-filled!"
My GBB wouldn't take dubia roaches when I got it. It was already an adult female the person that had it before me must not have ever gave it dubia roaches or something it eats them now. I didn't give it a choice I have a dubia roach colony and use it to feed my tarantulas so I don't have to buy feed so it was pretty much you're going to eat this cuz. I'm not going to go buy feed just for you and I'm a couple weeks it started eating them. I would say you shouldn't have to pre kill them. Just don't get too many running loose and if the tarantula doesn't take it in a day or two remove it and try again later just don't leave crickets in there and should be fine the only real danger you have from crickets is whenever the tarantula molts.