• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please Need OBT HELP!

.MIC

3 Year Member
I have an Obt that was due for a molt. I saw that two days ago that part of her carapace was broken near her fangs and it looked like she was molting but instead of flipping on her back which she normally does she was molting awkwardly upward and unfortunately she was molting like this for two days and I thought she was stuck in her molt and I was going to lose her. I misted her enclosure heavy with warm water and taped the top of her enclosure for more humidity and put her enclosure in box and closed it up completely for the night, and woke up today looking at her seeing that she completely molted :). The concern that I have is that her fangs are already showing signs of black color one does look a little out of normal shape and her body looks whitish being that she just molted 12 hours ago and I can't express how big she got from the molt I mean oh my god she is huge which gives me a another concern that she is way to big for her enclosure to the point where it looks like it can cause problems, and need to know if I should put her in her new enclosure, I would wait another 4 days of course. Other than that she looks find just need help, looks like this molt really gave her a stressful time.

Attachments

• 20150115_164802.jpg
    20150115_164802.jpg
    741.2 KB · Views: 33

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
As long as the fangs are out, I would not worry about them being black already. The lighter body colouration should also normalize once she hardens up properly. If you do rehouse her, try and get a picture of her out in the open. :)